Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

O-Ring Size

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 AM
gary 80
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O-Ring Size

Does anyone know what size o-ring would match a Harley part #11246. Dealer i called said it is a non stock item and i really dont want to have to wait on an o-ring. This is for where the fuel line fitting goes into the check valve an a 98 electra glide

Old 08-06-2017, 07:25 AM
uptou2bu
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oring size

According to the manual the 1998 model has the 2 fuel lines. I do not beleive these are serviceable because the connection does not come apart. If it does i haven't figured it out. But you can yake them off and have one made at a hydraulic supply store.

​​​​​​​For the bikes with a quick couple check valve o-rings are metric. They can be measured and purchased at a hydraulic supply company once removed. I beleive they would very difficult to remove and replace these without the fuel tool. I barrowed one from the bike shop and it worked very well. Harley did sell these orings at one time but people were installing them improperly and subsequently catching on fire from a fuel leak.

There is 2 o-rings in the upper check valve and 1 in the lower elbow. Mostly the lower check valve o-ring is the culprit. The other have no bearing on it leaking while the line is coupled.

Fuel Tool sells the tools to repair the upper check and the lower check valve o-ring. They also sell the lower elbow orings but they don't have a tool to replace this one. The upper check valve o-ring only comes in the check valve rebuild kit. They also sell a rebuild kit for the lower elbow but NO TOOL.

​​​​​​​you can use 2 different types of o-rings for this repair. The difference is the temperature rating. The Viton oring is 400° and the MOR is 300°.

upper check valve o-ring Viton or MOR- 7x2.5 mm

I will add the other 2 when I can get them measured they were in the kit I barrowed.

Last edited by uptou2bu; 08-06-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: more info