Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need a tuner that hold tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:42 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Exclamation Need a tuner that hold tune

I want a tuner that when tuned, say the weather changes etc, it realizes this and makes changes to eco to keep that sick tune in there....I see the thundermax does this, wondering of other options as id rather not take out my Harley ECM..for obvious reasons, thanks guys.....also one that can be tuned, and doesn't need a dyne, I have a great tuner, I will dyne after I break in my 107 , just need a tune for now, and want it to be consistent throughout the breaking process,, thanks a lot guys!

Old 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Not sure of any that will do what you ask but..... a couple of tips....

If you are planning on getting a dyno tune, ask the tuner what he will/will not use, some are very specific. You don't want to buy twice.

Powervision tuners can hold multiple tunes in memory. You can for example have a power tune, mileage tune, etc. etc. To change, just shut off the engine, select the tune you want from the on screen menu, restart & go.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your build

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by rockout rocker products
not sure of any that will do what you ask but..... A couple of tips....

If you are planning on getting a dyno tune, ask the tuner what he will/will not use, some are very specific. You don't want to buy twice.

Powervision tuners can hold multiple tunes in memory. You can for example have a power tune, mileage tune, etc. Etc. To change, just shut off the engine, select the tune you want from the on screen menu, restart & go.

for rockout information & purchasing please click here for all twin cams and evo big twins & sportsters
my build thread will have it all there, uploaded some new pics today...heat cycling motor today, the shop is....

Old 09-07-2017, 03:17 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by rockout rocker products
not sure of any that will do what you ask but..... A couple of tips....

Powervision tuners can hold multiple tunes in memory. You can for example have a power tune, mileage tune, etc. Etc. To change, just shut off the engine, select the tune you want from the on screen menu, restart & go.

for rockout information & purchasing please click here for all twin cams and evo big twins & sportsters
can u be more specific on what to ask tuner, what he will use?? Or not use?? And what would i pay for twice? Sorry im a newb with these....

Old 09-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,431 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
I want a tuner that when tuned, say the weather changes etc, it realizes this and makes changes to eco to keep that sick tune in there....I see the thundermax does this, wondering of other options as id rather not take out my Harley ECM..for obvious reasons, thanks guys.....also one that can be tuned, and doesn't need a dyne, I have a great tuner, I will dyne after I break in my 107 , just need a tune for now, and want it to be consistent throughout the breaking process,, thanks a lot guys!
The HD ECM does this just fine. The problem is with a modified engine some adjustment may need to be made. That's up to who is doing the tuning!

Old 09-07-2017, 09:19 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

can u be more specific on what to ask tuner, what he will use?? Or not use?? And what would i pay for twice? Sorry im a newb with these....
You need an interface between the dyno's computer and the ECM on your bike, for the two to communicate & transfer data. That interface can be a powervision, TTS, SE tuner, etc. The bike doesn't care, but some dyno guys will only use one brand. Say you buy a TTS box, and your guy only works with Powervision.... you wasted your money on the TTS.

For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Old 09-08-2017, 12:15 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
You need an interface between the dyno's computer and the ECM on your bike, for the two to communicate & transfer data. That interface can be a powervision, TTS, SE tuner, etc. The bike doesn't care, but some dyno guys will only use one brand. Say you buy a TTS box, and your guy only works with Powervision.... you wasted your money on the TTS.

THANKS ALOT, I actually have options here, I'm open, I'm liking the fact the thundermax,alwways maintains the tune, no matter weather/altitude etc, I don't see many or any other that do this?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:47 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

THANKS ALOT, I actually have options here, I'm open, I'm liking the fact the thundermax,alwways maintains the tune, no matter weather/altitude etc, I don't see many or any other that do this?
Your bike in stock form does this. Even has more closed loop feedback than the TMax. More to feed back and tuning than just air fuel ratio. Most sophisticated ECM out there for HD's is the stock Delphi ECM.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:43 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Your bike in stock form does this. Even has more closed loop feedback than the TMax. More to feed back and tuning than just air fuel ratio. Most sophisticated ECM out there for HD's is the stock Delphi ECM.
THATS WHY EVERYONE AGAINST THUNDERMAX? I need a wide band tuner tho, with the o2 sensors, which is best, tts can tune with my o2?

Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

THATS WHY EVERYONE AGAINST THUNDERMAX? I need a wide band tuner tho, with the o2 sensors, which is best, tts can tune with my o2?
Not against the TMax. I just don't see the reason why someone would want to go backwards for what you have. I read a lot of feedback and fueling requirements. Not so much on the other important factors of tuning. What about feed back on ignition timing? What about feedback on target idle?

TTS is the only system that allows you to have feed back from stock narrow band sensors, after market wide band sensors, target idle feedback, and main spark table/ engine temp spark table all at same time. All while working with the stock ECM.

TMax is a great option over a MM system.

Quick Reply: Need a tuner that hold tune