Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

I Think I Have Decided on a Fuel Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 819 Likes on 563 Posts

I was just at your crossroad. Research buy once and save money.

Important Notes:
Fuelpak FP3 requires a user supplied iOS or Android based unit such as a smartphone or tablet which is not included with purchase.
FuelPak FP3 is a flashed based tuner which gives you basic control of fuel & spark. This product is best suited to Stage 1 modifications such as air cleaner & exhaust. FuelPak FP3 does not support modifications such as aftermarket cams or big bore kits.
FuelPak FP3 maps are developed by V&H exclusively based on exhaust systems manufactured by V&H.
FuelPak FP3 does not use a software suite for computer use, all tuning is done via smartphone or tablet.
FuelPak FP3 marries to a single bike, this product cannot be unmarried, relicensed or used on another bike

Old 01-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 279 Likes on 198 Posts

Fireball Jack is giving you some good hints. Research carefully.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarr1
Fireball Jack is giving you some good hints. Research carefully.
I am going to do further research by calling Vance & Hines just to clarify if their fuel programmer will be successful with Cobra exhaust systems. Thanks everyone for the input.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:22 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 279 Likes on 198 Posts

Of course V&H is going to tell you it’ll work just fine. They want to sell the units. They may be just a little biased in their opinion!

Old 01-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Gary,
If you are selling widgets and I call and ask do you have the right widget for me, what would you tell me? Also consider if in the future you need a dyno tune you will need to buy a tuner they can dyno and the FP3 is not one. The Power vision can be used to dyno the bike. I did a lot of research it cost me a few hours and an 12 pack. Not trying to bust your chops but it seems you picked the product before research and then see if it will work. Call a tuner that sells many products tell them what your plans are and ask what is the best option. Good luck and enjoy that M8.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Every tuner I talk to in the industry either via phone, forums or private tuner FB groups will all tell you to stay away from the FP3. It's junk.

TTS
Vision
TR
SE

In that order. The big dot com store that sells Vision and says it is the best. Lost their privilege to sell TTS. So, you can understand why they push every other tuner so hard.

Customer service. Dealing with all of them. I can't say one is better than the other as for as effort. Some of their downfall is because they are trying to support a third party product while some are supporting their own. Obviously the problems I am talking about go a bit deeper than. How to use product to map the VE's?

The following users liked this post:
Fireball Jack (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Modo
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

No Doebeck EJK love?

Love mine, simple and effective.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:37 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,201 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack
Gary,
If you are selling widgets and I call and ask do you have the right widget for me, what would you tell me? Also consider if in the future you need a dyno tune you will need to buy a tuner they can dyno and the FP3 is not one. The Power vision can be used to dyno the bike. I did a lot of research it cost me a few hours and an 12 pack. Not trying to bust your chops but it seems you picked the product before research and then see if it will work. Call a tuner that sells many products tell them what your plans are and ask what is the best option. Good luck and enjoy that M8.
^^^
This and I have an FP3.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

Law Abiding Biker.com recommends the FuelPak. I have watched several of his videos and I trust this guy.

Last edited by Gary1; 01-26-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: add

Quick Reply: I Think I Have Decided on a Fuel Programmer