Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

I Think I Have Decided on a Fuel Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 561 Posts

Cool, enjoy that M8

Old 01-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Hmmmm.... Wealth of information there. "Uses12mm bungs I believe" that was a quote. I am sold sounds like he almost knows what he is talking about.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:27 PM
Modo
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack
Hmmmm.... Wealth of information there. "Uses12mm bungs I believe" that was a quote. I am sold sounds like he almost knows what he is talking about.
*asks for opinions on fp3..gets opinions...is dick."

The following users liked this post:
Missouri Snowman (03-09-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack
You can tell this guy isn't an actor, but a very knowledgeable biker.

Last edited by Gary1; 01-27-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-27-2018, 06:41 PM
1 2 many
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Tuners

Hey Gary I have the fp3 and it's limited .. I can't speak about the other tuners. But the power vision is a system that can grow if you ever want to make other mods. I have the pv with target tune and it's way better than the fp3. Thanks to fm.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1
HogPro.com has the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak FP3 for 319.99 and it mounts in side cover where it plugs in.
Fuelmotousa.com has the Dyno Jet Power Vision for 429.99 and it mounts on the handlebars and you have to run wires.

I have a PV and dont know where you got this info from but it is wrong - the PV is only plugged in when your tuning , I throw mine in the saddle bag when tuning the rest of the time its in my nightstand at home

Good luck im sure the FP3 is a good product but im very happy with my PV and didnt run any wires

Dave

Old 01-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Springdinger
*asks for opinions on fp3..gets opinions...is dick."
I dont think he is a dick. I think he bought a product without doing any research and now is trying to justify it. We have all done that. He didnt even know that all their canned tunes are written for V&H exhaust. When I ordered the PV and gave them my list of mods they sent me a tune. The tune was close but had issues. Not every bike is the same, same bike and same mods wont dyno the same. I did 3 auto tune runs and then did a datalog run. The datalog info was sent to Fuelmoto and the tune they sent back was spot on. The FP3 cant datalog so there is no way to know what needs to be changed. I agree law abiding bikers are not paid actors but the do get paid by sponsors. So they are paid to push V&H products. I wish I knew more about tuning because the TTS Master tune gets great reviews but being a rookie I thought I was in over my head. Good Luck and enjoy that M8

Old 01-28-2018, 02:33 AM
1 2 many
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Tune

I thought I did some research when I bought the fp3. Boy was I wrong. I think the fp3 is great tool if your going to stay with a stage 1setup . But if your gonna do more mods your gonna need more range. If i new more i think i would have gone the TTS route

Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 AM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 2 many
I thought I did some research when I bought the fp3. Boy was I wrong. I think the fp3 is great tool if your going to stay with a stage 1setup . But if your gonna do more mods your gonna need more range. If i new more i think i would have gone the TTS route
I will never exceed a Stage 1 modification and pairing other slip-on mufflers to a Vance & Hines tune isn't rocket science.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:40 AM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1
I will never exceed a Stage 1 modification and pairing other slip-on mufflers to a Vance & Hines tune isn't rocket science.
Yes, been there, done that and I was also totally convinced I was never ever going to have more than only just "that" modification. Yeah right, guess we have all been that road. Meanwhile the Fuel Pack is in the not issued parts-box, all the way at the bottom.
Hey, this is no criticism. But as so many amongst us, we have been there.

Quick Reply: I Think I Have Decided on a Fuel Programmer