Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Super Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SE Super Tuner?

Bought my 2012 Limited used. Called the dealer that sold it new and they advised that the added SE air cleaner, true duals, and V+H mufflers for the first owner. And additionally they advised that they put on a SE Super Tuner. When I bought it, the SE air cleaner was still on but the stock header pipe and stock mufflers were installed. Noticed on the mufflers they were blackened a bit, possibly running rich. Now have added a catless head pipe and a set of Cobra slip-ons. Bike is running pretty damn good. I should of received the SE Super Tuner with the bike but the previous owner told the dealer where I bought it he did not have it and he thought there was a Cobra tuner on it. He is totally confused, since the selling dealer sold him the SE Super tuner that is mated and only good for this bike.
I think it has a tune on it now, however I have to take it to the dealer for them to check. They advised they could tell if it is stock our has a tune. Is there any way I can check myself to see if there is still a tune on this bike??? I bought a new V+H's FP3 and may install it anyway, however it is running pretty good just the way it is now.
Thanks,
Phil

Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Use the speedometer diagnostics to pull the cal ID out of the bike.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:37 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser

Sounds good. I will have to read the service manual to see how to perform this procedure. Thank you Ed!
Phil

Old 02-20-2018, 05:06 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member

Phil - it's most likely in the Electrical Diagnostics manual. Basically hold the trip reset button for the speedo down while you power up (not start bike). Speedometer goes into diagnostic mode then by pressing the button you can scroll through the modules and read part numbers / codes / calibration (if applicable) through odometer. Can also reset codes.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser

Thanks Ed.... I have the Electric Diagnostics manual on CD I just bought. I will look it up there. Thanks very much again Ed!!!
Phil

Old 02-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Phil_R
Cruiser

Ed,
My job cancelled for today so I had time to take my FLHTK into the HD dealership. They checked it with their equipment (at no charge!) and advised that it has a SERT tune on it already. So, my new FP3 is up for sale and I am pleased as it is running great and I thought it might already have a tune. This time, things turned out perfect!!!
Thanks again for your replies and helpfulness!
Phil

Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member

Phil - Awesome - glad to help and thanks for following through with what happened!