Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No adaptive emits or knock control on PV 2017 sporty

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts
Default No adaptive emits or knock control on PV 2017 sporty

Am I missing something here ?, The 17 sporty ‘s don’t have these features imbedded in their ECU units ?

Old 08-05-2018, 05:04 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Never have.
Bob

Old 08-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Never have.
Bob
Hey thx Bob, I just thought that would have been a standard feature on all injected engines, thought I was missing something.

Cheers 🍺
Wiz

Old 08-06-2018, 07:42 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

The Sportster 2017 tunes should have Adaptive Control. (it shows in the DynoJet stock Improved tune I downloaded from them 17X074000101.pvt)

Is it enabled in your tune? You should find it under Limits and Switches in the tune.
Setting it to 1 enables it.

Make sure your Power Vision and Tune DB are updated.
WinPV installs an Update client for the PowerVision to check for updates with the PowerVision connected to your computer.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shanneba
The Sportster 2017 tunes should have Adaptive Control. (it shows in the DynoJet stock Improved tune I downloaded from them 17X074000101.pvt)

Is it enabled in your tune? You should find it under Limits and Switches in the tune.
Setting it to 1 enables it.

Make sure your Power Vision and Tune DB are updated.
WinPV installs an Update client for the PowerVision to check for updates with the PowerVision connected to your computer.
Ok thanks for that mate,

The tune I’m using at the mo is from fuelmoto and those options aren’t there as you can see in the pic. I would have thought that adaptive tuning would be a good thing for the ecm to learn and adjust what ever tune has been flashed to it, kinda adjusting on the fly and making small changes for variations in air temp ETC.

Im pretty much going back to the stock muffs as the wife hates the volume of the 3” rush pipes, even though I did buy the smaller 1.5” baffles, so I’ll throw them up on eBay once I get the stockers on and tuned.

I really appreciate the Info , thx man👌

Wiz 🍺

Old 08-06-2018, 01:19 PM
shanneba
Road Warrior

Did you try resetting the defaults on that screen?
You can see many more options in the tune using the WinPV software.
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision

Old 08-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Did you try resetting the defaults on that screen?
You can see many more options in the tune using the WinPV software.
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision
To be honist with ya I’m not sure if I have the latest version of the PV software on my notebook because the bikes run pretty good till now, so there’s been no need to change the way she breathes for the upmost.

But NOW I’m looking at changing back to stockers, I started at options in the PV unit, But I’ll be looking at the advanced tune that you suggested just to fatten her up post epa

Reset defaults I saw that but was a little hesitant to **** with that , Well ... until I better educate my self in all things FUEL

I’m thinking of what you said to look in the tune folders and see if the adaptive option hasn’t been turned off within the map / tune sent me so Thank you my friend for that.

Well gotta bit of work to do this weekend I’ll let ya guys know how it pans out

Thanks to all
Wiz 🍺

Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior

One other thought, you didn't put the PowerVision into Auto Tune mode did you?

When Auto Tune is enabled with narrow band O2 sensors, the PV turns off Adaptive control in the tune.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

One other thought, you didn't put the PowerVision into Auto Tune mode did you?

When Auto Tune is enabled with narrow band O2 sensors, the PV turns off Adaptive control in the tune.
Yes sir I did.
I got the can map from fuelmoto then ran the auto tune function to finely adjust.
I can’t see why the adaptive would be turned off ?, As I would have thought you would want the ECM even after flashing, to further adjust intake due to air temperatures and changing conditions on the fly.

Also wouldn’t you want to auto tune the advanced map from dynajet as all bikes arnt the same ?

What got me to thinking these options was missing in the first place was a dynajet vid on YouTube, Where some guy uses quick tune in the vid and all the boxes were ticked in the tweaks screen.

Just as an after thought , Could I use winpv to turn on adaptive control and then re flash the tune again to have this active in the ECM , And if I could would be the benefit be constant adjustment of all intake parameters behind the normal range on the ECM ?.

I don’t want 10 Gagillion horse power here , just a engine with out the EPA nanny riding bitch 😉

Thanks for all your help gentlemen

Wiz 🍺

Last edited by Wizardofaus; 08-07-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:59 PM
shanneba
Road Warrior

When you enter Auto Tune the Power Vision changes the tune you use to disable Adaptive control and a changes few other items.
If your tune had Adaptive Control enabled it will be set back when you export the Auto Tune changes and then flash the Auto tuned tune back to the ECU.

If you do not export the tune and reflash the new tune, the PV is still in Auto Tune mode and has Adaptive control disabled.

HD has changed the stock Sportster tunes in 2014 and again in 2017.
They do not run as lean as the 2007-2013 Sportsters.

Even the 2007-2013 Sportsters will be in "open loop" at about 25-30% throttle, there are no EPA regulations/emission testing in open loop.
My stock 2013 runs a AFR of 12.5 to 13.5 above 30% throttle.

Quick Reply: No adaptive emits or knock control on PV 2017 sporty