Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FP3 failure/error

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:58 AM
Tim F
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FP3 failure/error

Gave up on this 6 weeks ago, I have gone through all the correct installation procedures and had a replacement sent from Vance and Hines with the same results. I don’t think it will ever link to my bike but I would really like to know what the problem is. I haven’t a clue, V@H don’t know what the error code means. This is not a ‘dig’ at V@H as most people are happy with the product. I’ve just got an itch that I can’t stop scratching

Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,165 Likes on 3,521 Posts

Is it possible that the bike was previously tuned with something that might lock other tuners out? TTS is an example. It's a reach, but a question worth asking.

The following users liked this post:
Tim F (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Tim F
Novice

Originally Posted by strych9
Is it possible that the bike was previously tuned with something that might lock other tuners out? TTS is an example. It's a reach, but a question worth asking.
Had it to Harley to check, it was the stock tune and they re-flashed it to make sure

Old 06-19-2019, 08:42 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Have you tried another device (phone or ipad) with the application? You eliminated one end of the equation but what about the other?

Old 06-20-2019, 02:44 AM
Tim F
Novice

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Have you tried another device (phone or ipad) with the application? You eliminated one end of the equation but what about the other?
Tried all of the usual solutions Greg

Old 06-20-2019, 04:41 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

Have you looked at your connections ? The plug that plugs into the FP3 could be corroded or maybe has a broken pin/wire inside the connector housing . Check those connections as well as the ecm connector . Using some contact cleaner might help . Not sure , but worth a shot .

Old 06-20-2019, 05:31 PM
Tim F
Novice

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
Have you looked at your connections ? The plug that plugs into the FP3 could be corroded or maybe has a broken pin/wire inside the connector housing . Check those connections as well as the ecm connector . Using some contact cleaner might help . Not sure , but worth a shot .
Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked out the connections and they all seem ok .The FP3 sends information back to my phone such as revs, temperature etc but won’t link permanently to load a map.
I would expect that if a unit is throwing up an error code, someone who designed it programmed in these codes and must know what they mean.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:51 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim F
Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked out the connections and they all seem ok .The FP3 sends information back to my phone such as revs, temperature etc but won’t link permanently to load a map.
I would expect that if a unit is throwing up an error code, someone who designed it programmed in these codes and must know what they mean.
Any chance you could upload a photo of the Calibration ID under the System Information menu? Confirmed good internet where you're trying to flash the bike?

Bryan

Old 06-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Tim F
Novice

Originally Posted by vanceandhines
Any chance you could upload a photo of the Calibration ID under the System Information menu? Confirmed good internet where you're trying to flash the bike?

Bryan

Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim F
Yeah, looks like an OEM calibration on a 2012 bike, so definitely compatible with the FP3. Silly question, but the Ignition switch is set to On rather than ACC, and the run switch is in the On position as well right?

Quick Reply: FP3 failure/error