Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEStreet tuner - does not read ECM

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 11:07 PM
LusirleiAlbetini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SEStreet tuner - does not read ECM

Good night

I did stage I in my Fat Boy 114, year 2024, I left now for stage II, but when I went to calibrate the bike, the SEStreet tuner can not read the ECM, the BCI connects to the SEST and it does not seem to identify the bike, in some moments I can read the gauges, when I go to TUNE it does not show the identification of the bike and does not provide the base calibration. The software version of the phone is 24.002.7006.

I also tried the connection to a PC, in the same way I connect to BCI, but in the TUNE it does not identify the bike.

Someone have any idea of what I can do.

Thank you

Old 05-05-2024, 07:17 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts

HD may have not provided a tune yet, early on with the new tuner they was being sold and didn't have tunes yet for certain applications. People was pretty upset, buying a new tuner and then nothing provided for their bike. Not sure but this could be what's up with it.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:27 PM
LusirleiAlbetini
6th Gear

Friend, I don't believe it's this because about six months ago I did the calibration for stage 1, with this same BCI.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:45 PM
LusirleiAlbetini
6th Gear

Good evening, friends,

I continue with the problem of lack of communication of the SE on the phone with the BCI, as I said before they connect but when I go to Tune he does not see the model of the motorcycle and consequently does not bring the base calibrations, when access "See Gauges" starts the markings then crashes on the page. I tried to make the connection using the SE on a Windows PC, I was able to connect but could not identify the motorcycle in the same way that via the phone. I removed the SE from the PC and installed it again from there I can't open it anymore. In principle I thought it could be a problem in BCI due to the lack of interface, but after removing and reinstalling without success the SE on the PC I think it could be an update problem, today I am using on the phone version 24.002.7006 and on the PC also the most up-to-date. I have a kit for the second stage and anxious to install it but I can't do it until I have the bumps. Someone can help me, someone has already had this problem. Thank you very much

Old 05-12-2024, 07:49 AM
paulmedford
Tourer
Received 99 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by LusirleiAlbetini
Good evening, friends,

I continue with the problem of lack of communication of the SE on the phone with the BCI, as I said before they connect but when I go to Tune he does not see the model of the motorcycle and consequently does not bring the base calibrations, when access "See Gauges" starts the markings then crashes on the page. I tried to make the connection using the SE on a Windows PC, I was able to connect but could not identify the motorcycle in the same way that via the phone. I removed the SE from the PC and installed it again from there I can't open it anymore. In principle I thought it could be a problem in BCI due to the lack of interface, but after removing and reinstalling without success the SE on the PC I think it could be an update problem, today I am using on the phone version 24.002.7006 and on the PC also the most up-to-date. I have a kit for the second stage and anxious to install it but I can't do it until I have the bumps. Someone can help me, someone has already had this problem. Thank you very much
did you update it ?

Old 05-12-2024, 07:50 AM
paulmedford
Tourer

Originally Posted by paulmedford
did you update it ?
ok I see that its the most up to date. Send a pic of the screen

Old 05-12-2024, 12:55 PM
paulmedford
Tourer

its like you have the wrong SE tuner for the bike, its not picking up yopur ecm data. Was this bike tuned before with a TTS or similar?

Old 05-13-2024, 09:38 AM
LusirleiAlbetini
6th Gear

Good morning Paul Medford
As you saw, it is updated. On the phone you will see 24.003.7006, on the PC when you could still open the version it was 24.3.8002.0,
I have never used a TTS, the first calibration I did with this same BCI.
I'll put the tests I did here;
Using SE on your phone:
I see that it connects to BCI.
When I go directly to Toolbox/See gauges, the instruments read the measurements, but I can only stay on this page and only exit if I close the app.
When I enter Tune, with the BCI connected, I see that it does not identify the motorcycle, and consequently does not provide the calibrations, as shown in the photo below:

Another information, I did this test with the same phone that had done the calibration for the first stage (in this case with version 23.004.7040) then I repeated the same tests with a newer phone and with version 24.002.7006, the results were the same.

Using a PC;
I connected the BCI in the same way, but it also didn't read the ECM, I deleted it from the PC's SE and reinstalled it; But now I can't even open the SE.

I think it could be this update.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:46 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,609 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Connect a properly working battery tender for at least an hour prior to attempting BCI connection, and when ready to try to flash again, ensure the run/stop switch is in the run position, and ignition switch on.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:16 AM
paulmedford
Tourer

Originally Posted by LusirleiAlbetini
Good morning Paul Medford
As you saw, it is updated. On the phone you will see 24.003.7006, on the PC when you could still open the version it was 24.3.8002.0,
I have never used a TTS, the first calibration I did with this same BCI.
I'll put the tests I did here;
Using SE on your phone:
I see that it connects to BCI.
When I go directly to Toolbox/See gauges, the instruments read the measurements, but I can only stay on this page and only exit if I close the app.
When I enter Tune, with the BCI connected, I see that it does not identify the motorcycle, and consequently does not provide the calibrations, as shown in the photo below:

Another information, I did this test with the same phone that had done the calibration for the first stage (in this case with version 23.004.7040) then I repeated the same tests with a newer phone and with version 24.002.7006, the results were the same.

Using a PC;
I connected the BCI in the same way, but it also didn't read the ECM, I deleted it from the PC's SE and reinstalled it; But now I can't even open the SE.
Go into tools and see if there is an option to update the bci itself
I think it could be this update.
go into tools and see if you can update the BCI itself

Quick Reply: SEStreet tuner - does not read ECM