Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

DFO/TFI or Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
smokie11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFO/TFI or Fuelpak

I have an 06 FLHXI with 2" wild pigs and high flow air cleaner with stage 1 download. It has the new injectors. I had a TFI on the bike before I had theinjectors replaced with the 25 degree injectors and at thattime the dealer talked me into removing the TFI and going with the download. Messed up and sold the TFI because the bike was running so much better than before. The only problem is that it will give a lean cough every now and then when you roll to arolling and stop and then pull out. Not every time but often enough that I am going to do something about it. It done this very badbefore the injector change and the TFI solved the problem.The only reason I am considering the fuelpak is the easy installation.Don't want SERT, PCIII, etc... asI feel they are overkill for simple stage 1. What I am asking is will the fuelpak take care of the same issues of the TFI without killing gas mileage or should I just go with the TFI? I do like the fact that you can adjust the TFI but if the fuelpak works thenyou wouldn't need to adjust it. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM
fxrp
Cruiser
Default RE: DFO/TFI or Fuelpak

DFO/TFI or Fuelpak

None of the above.

At a minimum gowiththe PCIII.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a DFO and have installed more than one for others. I have always had good luck with them. I like mine.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

tmax auto tune

Old 01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
77@11
4th Gear

I have a Fuel-Pac and have installed others and know several that have the fuel-pac.They are performing well and the fuel mileage is mid to high 40's,running cooler,no flat spots and more power with out dyno time and numerous stops to adjust pot adjustments and then finally to e-mail the forums to cry about how the bike runs rotten.IF you order the fuel-pac to match the accessory's your installing and have the program on the ECM. properly done ie. stage-1 it should all come together.If there is a small glitch in the tune call V/H 800-592-2529 and speak to scott or adam R. They have been very professional to work with and have help me with a couple of small readjustments.All these units are basic fuel adjusting instruments and those that claim to adjust timeing are limited as to be of questionable benefit due to haveing to overcome the ECM. There is as much hype out there on these tuners as there are tuners.Hype translates to B/S.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:20 PM
smokie11
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies. As stated not interested in PCIII or TMAX. I just think it is overkill for stage 1 as I don't plan to modify my bike anymore. We do a lot of touring on it and I am not interested in making a racer out of it. I am leaning towards the fuelpak due to the ease of installation but I am familiar with the TFI and did like it after I adjusted it for a compromise of MPG and rideability. Thanks again and keep the pros and cons of both coming.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 PM
DRAGO1
Tourer

All three work well for a simple stage one But they only dump fuel at about 1200 rpm not at idle. Thats why a pc3 works well you can adjust the air fuel at idle at through the rpm rang you can get a PC3 for about 245.00 and up shop around. the other models are about the same price maybe 20/30 bucks less.

1.choice. PC3
2. fuel pack
3. corbra
4. tfi
5.dfo.

very bottom.... down load from harley. But if you ask you dealer to download the map for 95 stock motor with pipes and air cleaner it will work better then down load forthe stock 88 inch with pipes aircleaner. I do that for my customers and it works fine.

These are what I let my customers choose for the price. Never short change perfromance.

Frank
D.B.W