Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

07 Deluxe just quits

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM
cappie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Deluxe just quits

07 Deluxe occasionally about once a month will be just going down the rode and shuts off. Power stays on lights don't blink and it just quits. Turn ignition switch off and on and it fires right up. If you turn the kill switch off and on it won't fire unless the ignition switch is turned off and on. All hardware has been checked from wiring to connections. I guess its time to start changing parts. Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 PM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the DTC's? Then go from there.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 PM
TRSpook
Advanced
Default HD techs well trained?

Best of luck with that. Harley claims no knowledge of any problems YET, keep reading these forums or others on the Net and there are plenty of HD's doing exactly the same thing...as does my '05 Deluxe.....mine was in the shop 3 times and all they could do was tell me they could not replicate the problem...oh and the best was, I mentioned that I saw someone online who said they had a prob with their ignition switch.....are ya sitting down, on my work ticket the dealer actually put "checked Ignition Switch at owners request" Uh, HELLO, my bike shuts down when I'm riding, don't ya think you would want to check that without me having to ask ya to? Geez. I am giving this bike 1 more shot, if the problem arises again, I will take it to the next closest dealer to see what they can do, if they pull the smae story as the previous dealer, it's going to be bye-bye HD for me. I need a bike I KNOW will get me where I want to go.

Originally Posted by cappie
07 Deluxe occasionally about once a month will be just going down the rode and shuts off. Power stays on lights don't blink and it just quits. Turn ignition switch off and on and it fires right up. If you turn the kill switch off and on it won't fire unless the ignition switch is turned off and on. All hardware has been checked from wiring to connections. I guess its time to start changing parts. Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
cappie
Intermediate
Default O7 Deluxe

I have checked the codes and none show up!
Thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
cappie
Intermediate
Default 07 Deluxe just quits

I just told a story, I went out and rechecked my codes and I had a p0131 and a p0151 which means the fron and rear 02 sensors are out there range. Can this cause my problem?
Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
pmcburne
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bike quits

my 07 road king would quit at about the same distance from home each time. Turned out to be the gas cap was not venting. A friends classic also would quit with no codes and it was the coil. Also heard of a fuel pump relay causing a similar problem. Hope this helps.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
mke125125
Road Captain

my 07 deluxe did the exact same thing. it sat at the dealer for three days and they found nothing. that was about 3000 miles ago and it hasnt done it since.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:51 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine did the same same as you descibed and I let HD know about it.Dealer and C/S.Yet either did nothing.NHTSA form filed along with other issues I had at the time.First check all your grds,ECM plug for moisture or pushed pins.Mine would never throw a code and would do it whenever it wanted,sometimes next day,sometimes 100s of miles later.Replaced the crank sensor and problem never came back.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a problem that occurs (twice in 3 months), which seems to be fuel related, like maybe the pressure regulator or pump. The bike just starts running like crap, then clears out and runs fine. The caveat though, all the time in any gear, laying on the throttle causes the bike to skip and fart, starving for gas it seems, then takes off. going in to HD in a couple of weeks. But never does the bike just shut off. Just hard to stay idling until it clears out..

Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
cappie
Intermediate
Default 07 Deluse just quits

Hi, mine is not fuel related. It is running great and then just quits right dead in it's tracks
Thanks

Quick Reply: 07 Deluxe just quits