Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dealer Install, 2/1 Super-Trapp exhaust, a/c, and the super-duper

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:30 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Install, 2/1 Super-Trapp exhaust, a/c, and the super-duper

Screamin Eagle Race Tuner.
The dealer got it up on the rack at 10am and I was good to go at 2pm. "So where's my SERT"? I ask. He replies, " We keep that it's just for your bike only". Hows about the stock exhaust, grips and levers that you changed out"? "Oh we will box them up for you and get them to you when we finish up the blacked out front end", he says. He hands me a slip of graph paper, talking about how much HP and TQ the bike had gained and said "see ya later". "Okay", I say.
I hop on my '08 SG admiring the black ceramic ST exhaust and all. I take off and my pride and joy is backfiring on acceleration and de-acceleration. The front wheel, is squealing, (which they replaced a few days earlier). There is a noticeable difference in power, in all zones, for the better.
The Tuner spent no more than an hour and a half on the Dyno.
I received no parts back but will be seeing them again next week to finish up with the black forks and bag guards.
Was I just used and abused to the tune of $4k? Sure feels like it...
I am no gear head, and told the parts and service dudes the same. I also told them I was going half way around the world and to please make sure everything is right and tight.
What afukin head-ache. I am heading out to South America in about 6 weeks, I was soo got-dam hopeful that the last thing I would need to worry about was my HD people taking good care of me. FOCK!!
I am being needlessly concerned? Is this how HD installed mods go down? Please help a brother out.
THANKS!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher2007
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner.
The dealer got it up on the rack at 10am and I was good to go at 2pm. "So where's my SERT"? I ask. He replies, " We keep that it's just for your bike only". Hows about the stock exhaust, grips and levers that you changed out"? "Oh we will box them up for you and get them to you when we finish up the blacked out front end", he says. He hands me a slip of graph paper, talking about how much HP and TQ the bike had gained and said "see ya later". "Okay", I say.
I hop on my '08 SG admiring the black ceramic ST exhaust and all. I take off and my pride and joy is backfiring on acceleration and de-acceleration. The front wheel, is squealing, (which they replaced a few days earlier). There is a noticeable difference in power, in all zones, for the better.
The Tuner spent no more than an hour and a half on the Dyno.
I received no parts back but will be seeing them again next week to finish up with the black forks and bag guards.
Was I just used and abused to the tune of $4k? Sure feels like it...
I am no gear head, and told the parts and service dudes the same. I also told them I was going half way around the world and to please make sure everything is right and tight.
What afukin head-ache. I am heading out to South America in about 6 weeks, I was soo got-dam hopeful that the last thing I would need to worry about was my HD people taking good care of me. FOCK!!
I am being needlessly concerned? Is this how HD installed mods go down? Please help a brother out.
THANKS!
Sorry partner, but you took a polin' in the colon.....

Gonna be short and rough on this.... You need to put on the Man Pants, go back to the service department and DEMAND the SEST Key (Dongle), and all of your take-off parts, as well as a reimbursement of your cash for a tune....

You PAID for the SEST dongle, it is YOURS... The Take off parts are yours, and there is only 1 way that they tuned your bike in that short of time... THEY DIDN'T..... You even stated that it is ".... backfiring on accell and decel..."...

Bluntly... You should have read "5 Questions to ask your Tuner", done some homework, and worn your man pants when you were at the Service Department....

Yes, I know that you are probably fuming at me for being so forward, but that's life... and life is tough....

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 AM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your absolutely right...

I am all "manned" up right now and heading over there, with the " 5 Questions". Wish I would have seen that sooner...