Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,040 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by joefriday
2010 ultra classic. Just installed se a/c. Have aftermarket slip ons. Cant find a starter map.
Any help?
I ended up loading ctc009-01-b2? It started but haven't ran with it yet.
Another question, in tools under vss calculator , vehicle section the year only gos up to 2009 in touring?
That would be a good calibration to start with.

The VSS Calculator will be OK if you fill in all the boxes with the proper info, you'll be fine.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:13 PM
joefriday
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the slip ons. Map only said a/c and 2-1-2 exhaust? The thing is, my dealer said they have new replacement slip ons for me because the first set they put on without a download started changing color.
Want to get this set right before i go down there and have then switch the pipes out.
Do you know of any other maps or is this the only one i should work with. The other thing is, here in seattle this weekend is our oyster run, heard of it?
Was just going to load a base map then start learning and tuning when i return.
I was going to leave the slip ons on then go to harley afterwards just in case its too lean and the pipes get worst.
Whatcha think?

Old 09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by joefriday
What about the slip ons. Map only said a/c and 2-1-2 exhaust? The thing is, my dealer said they have new replacement slip ons for me because the first set they put on without a download started changing color.
Want to get this set right before i go down there and have then switch the pipes out.
Do you know of any other maps or is this the only one i should work with. The other thing is, here in seattle this weekend is our oyster run, heard of it?
Was just going to load a base map then start learning and tuning when i return.
I was going to leave the slip ons on then go to harley afterwards just in case its too lean and the pipes get worst.
Whatcha think?
A canned map from TTS "should be" close. Don't worry about the exhaust because you will have to calibrate your VE's. Your new mufflers should be on the bike when you calibrate but if they are identical replacements there should be no issue.

When you purchase a tuner such as a TTS it is taken for granted that you will either have a competent Dyno guy tune your bike or you will VTune it yourself.

The first set turned brown because your bike is too lean. Flashing a TTS map that is close to your bike's configuration will make it more rich which should not turn your new mufflers brown but, there are no guarantees. You also may have decel pop... all this because you are wanting to flash-n-go.

I'm sorry my friend, it doesn't normally work that way. Your chances are slim to none that you will be happy riding a new flash on your Oyster run before completing the tune. Do you have time to VTune before you go?

-wiz

Old 09-25-2010, 06:19 AM
BrianABE
Advanced

Wiz - Check your email, I shot you a couple rides over. Leaving the house now headed to Chatt. TN for some parts. I'll call you around noon if thats cool.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
blawson
Novice

I was riding today and got stuck in traffic for a couple miles going 0-10mph and i'm 99% sure the EITMS kicked in. The bike started running very strangley and even stalled once, I had to restart immediately as I was in traffic. After the restart it never stalled again. I have never noticed this prior to loading a TTS tune.

From what I have been reading it is possible that my 2008 Heritage came from the factory with the EITMS disabled, especially if its an early 2008. Would this be true? Is there anyway I can tell when my bike was built, and/or the EITMS status from the factory calibration? Tried some of the VIN lookups but none gave me a build week.

My bike is a 2008 Heritage with Rush Slipons, no other mods except the TTS. I loaded the AE176-002-B1 starting calibration and did a few VTunes, no other changes to AE176-002-B1. The bike seems to run much cooler than with the factory calibration when riding normally.

Should I be concerned? I suspect this was normal behavior and I would have reached these temps(and higher) even with the factory map.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been some reports of EITMS stalling on occasion with TTS on some bikes. Many just turn EITMS off permanently.

If you blip the throttle it turns off for a few seconds.

If you have a DBW, there is a way to turn EITMS off and on using the throttle.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
blawson
Novice

I tried that enable/disable procedure but didnt have any results, I didnt realize it was DBW only, my bike has throttle cables. I even flashed the factory map back to try to see if I could determine EITMS status from factory

Old 09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by blawson
I tried that enable/disable procedure but didnt have any results, I didnt realize it was DBW only, my bike has throttle cables. I even flashed the factory map back to try to see if I could determine EITMS status from factory
I wouldn't be concerned. The TTS has the EITMS enabled by default and this is a good thing. If you lowered your idle RPM's then the EITMS may cause your motor to stall.

There's no way to see, by using the factory map reflash, if your bike had the EITMS enabled or not. HD does some weird stuff such as disabling the ACR's on the new 103 motors when they are standard now.

Since we ride air cooled motors they just get hot in the situation you were in. You could try and help cool your motor a little more by adjusting your AFR's at idle and at 20 to 30 kPa or adding some retard to your idle at higher temps.

If this hasn't happened before, I would leave things alone and enjoy.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:12 PM
blawson
Novice

I didn't modify the idle, looks like its 984 rpm at 80C+
I'm not going to make any changes for now. I'd hate to disable the EITMS all together unless the stalling became a real problem.

I'd be willing to bet that it was disabled from the factory, as I've had some hot days stuck in traffic and the bike never acted this way.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitly look into them if this would become more of a problem in the future.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
jkelley
Tourer

I just gotta give a shout out to Mr. Wizard.
Very knowlegable, and patient with those of us needing help with the TTS system.
I thought I knew a lil sumpin about it but clearly learned a lot from working with him on a couple of bikes I was fine tuning.

Thanks for your time and patients!

Jim

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information