Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok newbie here. Going with power duals, v&h twin slash round, ness ac on a '12 103. For now with cams(255?) in the future. Is tts a good way to go? I have a reputable local dyno that uses it, but I don't want to go to him until cams.... Any suggestions?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Do NOT, under ANY circumstances use Doc's tuning guide, fellas. One does NOT turn AE and DE all to zeros anymore. AEs and DEs need at LEAST 0.1 in all the slots for v-tuning. Standard settings are fine, also, and is what TTS recommends.
The new calibrations will not let you zero out the AE/DE tables now. If you have older library calibrations and use them you can physically zero them out.

Did some data runs both ways and found mucho data difference which caused an unevenness is cruising ranges. Set the AE/DE back to original and they smoothed out.

Truk is correct... Leave the AE and DE tables alone when VTuning.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by OZARKTOAD
Ok newbie here. Going with power duals, v&h twin slash round, ness ac on a '12 103. For now with cams(255?) in the future. Is tts a good way to go? I have a reputable local dyno that uses it, but I don't want to go to him until cams.... Any suggestions?
Learn the TTS system yourself. It really isn't hard to save your OEM calibration and to flash a library file until you get your cams. Since your local guy likes the TTS, stay with what he is proficient with.

You can even visit your Dyno guy and let him quickly flash a library file without putting your bike on the Dyno. Heck.. doesn't take but 10 minutes.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Learn the TTS system yourself. It really isn't hard to save your OEM calibration and to flash a library file until you get your cams. Since your local guy likes the TTS, stay with what he is proficient with.

You can even visit your Dyno guy and let him quickly flash a library file without putting your bike on the Dyno. Heck.. doesn't take but 10 minutes.
Cool thanks much for the input. I'm pretty sold on tts at this point.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A lot of people will tell you that THEIR tuning product, whatever it is... is 'The Best". But... let ME tell you something. I have a dyno and am 100% SOLD on the fact that TTS is simply the best product out there right now... by far. And... I started out as a DIYer, so I know how THAT all works for sure.

most do NOT consider how intuitive the software is, how when you wish to do any kind of action... it IS right there. The software of TTS is simply the best to use. Other devices can most likely get 'close' as far as that goes, but the ease of the software, ...as compared to other software... make me like this TTS product the best.

One competeing product does NOT allow you to use a computer to tune with. That's OK with the DIY crowd, but makes ME not wish to use it at all. The other competing product takes away control and interjects what IT thinks is the best settings to use for various tuning functions. Neither make me warm and fuzzy.

Tuning is tuning... yes that is correct. There is old time AFR tuning, where one dialed in the AFRs. Now there is VE tuning, which dials in the VEs, themselves. VE based tuning is what's happening, and my personal experience, and the experiences from some of the best tuners around... TTS is the one to get. Way more control. Software does what it needs to do and saves a million steps in running tuning program by having intuitive software, and also does NOT force me to use a miniature monitor that can NOT be directly hooked up with dyno PCs. ANd doesn't make determinations on what AFRs and Timing I need to run, while tuning. That IS my job, after all.

DIYers. TTS will be in the middle of the pack on 'ease of use'. PV is easier to use, and SEPST is harder to use. PV does NOT make for a 100% completely new tune. It sucks the stock tune out of a bike, alters all the tables you see and shoots it back into the bike. Easy Peasy... and DOES serve SOME well. Problem is, tho, there are over 100 tables, etc that CAN be adjusted on a bike. PV ONLY adjusts the tables one see. The other 80+ tables? They stay the same as a stock bike. TTS base calibrations change the stock settings (and the HIDDEN settings) from stock to whatever seems to work best with any given set up for a calibration. Most do NOT like the owner of TTS, Steve Cole, because he is such a DICK... but his product is very very good. Since I AM also a dick... we get along really well. Richard Head is NOT my name, after all..... that is just the formal name for Dick Head! HAHA!

So with PV, your cruise remains at 85mph for example. TTS has no limit on when the cruise stops working. Same goes for all kinds of things like Torque Management, EITIMS, etc. STOCK settings. Don't believe this? One can NOT use a PV calibration and shoot it into a blank ECM and expect the bike to run.

SEPST, CAN be used to program a blank ECM. But.. I do NOT wish a program to take my decisions away from me, the tuner... or from you... the DIYer. There ARE a few areas like timing and what AFR to use, that no matter what one enters into a table, the bike does NOT get to see it at all. The software throws things out, behind the scenes, and uses other values. What's cool is to use a PV to 'suck a tune' out of the bike and LOOK!

Tuning is NOT simple. One needs to learn what the various tables do, and how they affect the other tables and all of that. It DOES take a little dedication and work to make ANY tuning product tune a bike decently. TTS does this the best, IMHO. It will simply take some work, some learning, and some dedication to make for a nicely tuned bike.

Bottom line will be... it truly IS all about the software.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 05-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

So...my first impression of Steve Cole was correct! Nevertheless, he is very sharp. As is Wurk truk and the Wiz...and they both say simply a lot!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM
ronherman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone found a download for aSG with a 103" motor with 57H cams, S&S stage 1 air cleaner and a fullsac xpipe? I have the TTS Mastertuner, thanks in advance

Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by ronherman
has anyone found a download for aSG with a 103" motor with 57H cams, S&S stage 1 air cleaner and a fullsac xpipe? I have the TTS Mastertuner, thanks in advance
Fullsac will give you one for the 54H. Use that one. No matter which calibration you use it will not be for your bike and you will need to cam tune, Vtune and set your EGR's.

Call Alice... she will send it to you.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dozer40
So...my first impression of Steve Cole was correct! Nevertheless, he is very sharp. As is Wurk truk and the Wiz...and they both say simply a lot!
Your back doesn't hurt that much... get back out there on that dozer.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

It only hurts when I get off the dozer and try to walk!

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information