Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Northwestsooner
I cleaned the O2 sensors, checked DTC but no codes, reset AFR, ran couple Vtunes, ran a data master & checked for knock retard. Had some on rear cylinder and 1 on front. Added 5% to the the cells just before the knock. The cells were less than the cells next to them. The 5 percent put them about the same as the cells next to them. Rode it pretty hard with no knock. But it is cooler this evening. Will see what it does when the temps get back up into the 100's. thank you for the help.
Didn't think there would be codes but if you had a bad tank of gas the AFV reset would have removed old/bad VE and Timing corrections from your ECM. If your old calibration worked well before you had issues the reset would take you back to where you started. This way you could find any mechanical issues with DataMaster.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by MattyAmber
After a few more vtune runs I have idle map running 39-42 kpa, the last run I raised my EGR up 30% 1200 rpm up and 10% below that. Should i continue down that same route to help flatten out my ve's more and raise everything below 7% throttle? I assume the hump on the graph will always be there from 3000 to 4000?

last vtune: https://www.box.com/s/vhydvof2fz2v9v61gkwk
last mt8: https://www.box.com/s/pwo1c9f3scfhnjwmxyp2

previous mt8: https://www.box.com/s/75bfoi7c9gc41tyxr5r4

I'm trying to learn about the EGR effect and smoothing.
Matty... didn't mean to sound like I was being rude to you but I was. Had a lose crown yesterday and had to make an emergency Dentist visit. Sorry for being rude but it hurt like hell.

You do need some help though as something just isn't right. I'm going mach II this week. Maybe Truk can help out and you two can talk on the phone. He can use TeamViewer and look at what's going on in real time.

Again... sorry for being a dick.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
MattyAmber
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiz, we all have bad days, I understand. Just trying to figure out what is what with this bike and dial it in. I see what you mean by something is just not right, I have a compression gauge coming today to check front vs. rear to maybe see if I didn't get a tooth off on the cam, all the weirdness is pushing me that way. If I see a significant difference I'll pull the cover to get a better look and go from there.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Wiz, we all have bad days, I understand. Just trying to figure out what is what with this bike and dial it in. I see what you mean by something is just not right, I have a compression gauge coming today to check front vs. rear to maybe see if I didn't get a tooth off on the cam, all the weirdness is pushing me that way. If I see a significant difference I'll pull the cover to get a better look and go from there.
To be honest... that's exactly what it looks like but I've seen worse CamTuneData. My guess is the rear tooth is off and opening early.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Ma
Mattyamber? I am kind of getting up to speed with what you are doing. Are using a monitor when v-tuning on your 'closed course'? Also, please post up both cylinder pressures when you get the chance.

Mid week, next week... I will be able to devote some time and help you out some. Between us, we should be able to figure out Teamviewer, and you already know about posting on Box-Net. AFter we figure out if the cams are good or not... you would be a really good candidate for us to show other members how to v-tune AND use some of the other settings, etc.

I will be PMing you my email addy, too.

Let us do something different. That TTS thread is becoming very long and unwieldy.

How about, after the holiday, start a new thread, entitled something like... Help me Tune my bike using TTS.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 07-03-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM
MattyAmber
Advanced

WT, I've been using a remote monitor to vtune, that really does help tremendously. My major problem has been keeping timing from getting pulled no matter which map i'm starting with. I have been wondering for a while now if the cams were aligned correctly or not.

you are correct about the tts thread getting long and a new sticky thread on the subject would be an excellent addition to the forum.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Ma
Mattyamber? I am kind of getting up to speed with what you are doing. Are using a monitor when v-tuning on your 'closed course'? Also, please post up both cylinder pressures when you get the chance.

Mid week, next week... I will be able to devote some time and help you out some. Between us, we should be able to figure out Teamviewer, and you already know about posting on Box-Net. AFter we figure out if the cams are good or not... you would be a really good candidate for us to show other members how to v-tune AND use some of the other settings, etc.

I will be PMing you my email addy, too.

Let us do something different. That TTS thread is becoming very long and unwieldy.

How about, after the holiday, start a new thread, entitled something like... Help me Tune my bike using TTS.
This is a great idea...I need all the help I can get...

Cheers...Sparra

Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 PM
MattyAmber
Advanced

compression check was 155 front and 195 rear, opening the cam chest to take a look and hopefully find the problem.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

compression check was 155 front and 195 rear, opening the cam chest to take a look and hopefully find the problem.
That would explain why your rear cylinder is so wigged out in the VE table. Cross-spit in the intake manifold. Front cylinder is closing early while the injector is still open. Rear valves opens and sucks in the cross-spit thus removing tons of VE from your rear cylinder trying to lean it out.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:42 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Plus 1 on starting a new thread. Call me a simpleton but I get lost in 3-4 conversations.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information