Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 592 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm confused.....r37 shows a lot of rear knock (green), not front, only a couple of front (brown).

Right in the middle, 2500-2600 rpm and 55-65 kPA

And the r36 file shows none at all.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,038 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by r0de_runr
I'm confused.....r37 shows a lot of rear knock (green), not front, only a couple of front (brown).

Right in the middle, 2500-2600 rpm and 55-65 kPA

And the r36 file shows none at all.
OK, you passed the test. You actually looked. Others just take my word for it. Good

The front and rear cylinder spark tables can't be the same. They are individual single cylinder motors with separate AFR needs thus the adjustment of the VE tables. This means they have different heat issues so different timing issues.

When timing is maxed out you are going to have knock. This is not ghost knock. It is table demand knock or incorrect tuning.

Knock is registered by data from the filtered ion sensing signal to the ECM. This knock is within the spark plug gap and the ion field is sensed during the end of the cylinder burn within a very short window of TDC timing *. The faster the piston movement this window of TDC timing * moves to sense the event earlier then later so its a window on both sides of TDC.

Lean events are normally late ignition. Rich events can be late also. Lean mixtures are difficult to ignite. When they do they normally make this hard and fast burning ignition point that creates a lot of heat. When the ion sensing window appears there is not enough flame still left in the cylinder to register between the plug gap.

Rich events ignite easily but burn longer. When the ion sensing window appears there is still the boom of the piston firing and flame present until past the TDC window. Therefore the knock could be present but there will be no recording of it. Too rich could also create too much heat. So, cylinder heat is dependent on the tune with a small thin window of fuel and timing.

All data recording is recorded after the event therefore what you see as data in DataMaster is history. Find the spike for retard. Arrow over to where the event begins then arrow back until the retard is 0 again. This is where the knock actually starts. Why? All data is history.

To get the proper history events the bike must have the proper air fuel mixture in the cylinders for the knock to be sensed. Then and only then will timing come into play. Bad timing tables with bad air fuel where does the knock come from. You need a base model to compare your end result. Air fuel first, timing second and polish the air fuel when done.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 12-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
OK, you passed the test. You actually looked. Others just take my word for it. Good

The front and rear cylinder spark tables can't be the same. They are individual single cylinder motors with separate AFR needs thus the adjustment of the VE tables. This means they have different heat issues so different timing issues.

When timing is maxed out you are going to have knock. This is not ghost knock. It is table demand knock or incorrect tuning.

Knock is registered by data from the filtered ion sensing signal to the ECM. This knock is within the spark plug gap and the ion field is sensed during the end of the cylinder burn within a very short window of TDC timing *. The faster the piston movement this window of TDC timing * moves to sense the event earlier then later so its a window on both sides of TDC.

Lean events are normally late ignition. Rich events can be late also. Lean mixtures are difficult to ignite. When they do they normally make this hard and fast burning ignition point that creates a lot of heat. When the ion sensing window appears there is not enough flame still left in the cylinder to register between the plug gap.

Rich events ignite easily but burn longer. When the ion sensing window appears there is still the boom of the piston firing and flame present until past the TDC window. Therefore the knock could be present but there will be no recording of it. Too rich could also create too much heat. So, cylinder heat is dependent on the tune with a small thin window of fuel and timing.

All data recording is recorded after the event therefore what you see as data in DataMaster is history. Find the spike for retard. Arrow over to where the event begins then arrow back until the retard is 0 again. This is where the knock actually starts. Why? All data is history.

To get the proper history events the bike must have the proper air fuel mixture in the cylinders for the knock to be sensed. Then and only then will timing come into play. Bad timing tables with bad air fuel where does the knock come from. You need a base model to compare your end result. Air fuel first, timing second and polish the air fuel when done.

Damn Wiz...

Old 12-10-2013, 09:06 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the TTS be transerred to a new bike when you get a new one. Dont want to give it to the dealer if I can reuse it. Im guessing no.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla
Can the TTS be transerred to a new bike when you get a new one. Dont want to give it to the dealer if I can reuse it. Im guessing no.
you guess correctly. well sorta.

**EDITED** 10:09AM
hadn't had enough coffee yet.

you can send the TTS dongle to TTS and they'll convert it to a dual bike dongle for $200 but by doing so and not giving the TTS to the new owner, you pretty much render that new owner's ECM useless and will require a dealer to re-flash the entire ECM back to stock in order to use any other tuner on it. The new buyer could always purchase another TTS, but since you asked my opinion.. LOL

kinda crappy to do that to the owner...

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 12-10-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
you guess correctly. well sorta.

**EDITED** 10:09AM
hadn't had enough coffee yet.

you can send the TTS dongle to TTS and they'll convert it to a dual bike dongle for $200 but by doing so and not giving the TTS to the new owner, you pretty much render that new owner's ECM useless.
Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,038 Likes on 1,105 Posts

OK guys... It's update time. Sorry, they have not released the VTune3 yet but it is next on the list.

This update will fix the EGR analysis graph and support for the Windows 8 and 8.1 has been added.

For some of you that haven't updated in a while there will be a new updater. Do that first. The new updater splits the Legacy and latest software. This way you don't have the old and new versions of the TTS software running at the same time. (Bad thing)

The software installer will have a new look. This is due to the Windows 8 stuff. There was a fix for the new VIN #'s and the addition of the 2014 V-Rods.

Update away and remember to update the Blue TTS with the HD06 Firmware.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:29 PM
kiwiharleyrider54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need a bit of assistance with this map have a lot of Knock retard happening and not shore if its Fuel or timing hope you can help

Doc
2012 FLHTC 103
S&S 557 Easy Start cams
Power Duels C&K components mufflers
Big Sucker A/C

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/50i27rk9nu1hrm2/8E6DZiwCbs

Old 12-18-2013, 11:32 AM
kiwiharleyrider54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ultranutz
Here is the cam tune and thanks for looking at it for me
https://www.dropbox.com/s/on7yjowk0x...neData-005.DM3
CamTuneData-005.DM3
Thanks Doc

Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Two Flight Recorder runs and my V Tune looks like this.

This was my 40 minute travel to work and back, which is half highway.

I need to work on collecting data in more cells - just hard for me because it goes against my grain to take the revs much higher than 4K.

If I decided to make it run a little richer throughout, how would I go about that ?

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-first-tune-2013-12-19.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-second-tune-2013-12-19.jpg  

Last edited by 1004ron; 12-20-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information