Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:42 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparra
Hey fella's...I have just copied Wizards TTS for dummies...In there it say's to change the Adaptive Knock Retard tables to 0.
When cross referencing with the TTS manual there is no mention of it..Or maybe I missed it..So do I or don't I set to 0...

Cheers...Sparra
Take my word for it. Do what Wiz tells you to do whether written or verbally. He's as close to Steve Cole without talking to Steve Cole himself as you'll ever get.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Take my word for it. Do what Wiz tells you to do whether written or verbally. He's as close to Steve Cole without talking to Steve Cole himself as you'll ever get.
SAY WHAT?????

No, No, Nooooooo

That man knows more about tuning than I could possibly ever absorb. Yeah, he and I talk a lot but I can't wear that hat.

The main reason to kill the Knock Retard Table to all zero's is to keep the ECM from making timing adjustments when you are working with your timing tables. It should be turned off during VTune runs as well because timing changes can effect VE tables too. This is why after you reset your timing you must do another VTune to polish off your calibration.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:03 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
SAY WHAT?????

No, No, Nooooooo

That man knows more about tuning than I could possibly ever absorb. Yeah, he and I talk a lot but I can't wear that hat.

The main reason to kill the Knock Retard Table to all zero's is to keep the ECM from making timing adjustments when you are working with your timing tables. It should be turned off during VTune runs as well because timing changes can effect VE tables too. This is why after you reset your timing you must do another VTune to polish off your calibration.
I don't recall saying you knew what you were talking about.. I just said listen to Wiz! LOL

Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Glidr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp.... I did it... I bought a TTS.....

Guess I'll be reading lots and LOTS of this thread and asking questions now..

Thank You guys for putting so much info and knowledge out here !

Glidr

Old 11-06-2013, 12:45 AM
09fxdfse
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Timing

HIghlight those areas you want to increase timing.

Add a few degrees of timing.

Do a Generic 02 data recording with a warm bike. Get at least two WOT pulls. Go home and view the DataMaster (DM) recording. Set up the DM for knock retard. If you see any, remove the timing in that RPM/kPa. If not, add more.
Hi Wiz
What is the difference between doing generic O2 data recording and spark data recording with the blue dongle when looking to adjust timing tables?
Thanks

Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Each recording type has different frame rate speed. The less data you pull the higher the frame rate speed. The higher frame rate speed the more detailed the specific data will be.

So, If you chose Generic 02 data you are selecting a recording type that wants a lot of specific data points = less frame rate speed = less detailed the data for the same recording minutes.

If you chose Spark Data you are recording less data points = higher frame rate speed = more detailed the data for the same recording minutes.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
09fxdfse
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Each recording type has different frame rate speed. The less data you pull the higher the frame rate speed. The higher frame rate speed the more detailed the specific data will be.

So, If you chose Generic 02 data you are selecting a recording type that wants a lot of specific data points = less frame rate speed = less detailed the data for the same recording minutes.

If you chose Spark Data you are recording less data points = higher frame rate speed = more detailed the data for the same recording minutes.
OK
Thanks

Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 AM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I just loaded the DAA614-02-A1-001 calibration. Everything went just fine.

Now.....is it necessary for me to run the Cam Tune Data at this time? Or can I get by with just the new map until I dyno tune??

Mods are Crusher Mellow slip-ons and SE stage 1 a/c only. Nothing else.

Thanks.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by mstngjoe
OK I just loaded the DAA614-02-A1-001 calibration. Everything went just fine.

Now.....is it necessary for me to run the Cam Tune Data at this time? Or can I get by with just the new map until I dyno tune??

Mods are Crusher Mellow slip-ons and SE stage 1 a/c only. Nothing else.

Thanks.
You can go for a test ride if you like but you shouldn't start tuning until you know what your Cam Selector settings should be. If you change your Cam Selector settings the calculations for VE's will change with it. This is why it should be done first.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:58 AM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I wasn't planning on doing any tuning until the cams get done. Then the bike is going to Russell in Canada for a tune.

Can I ride with just the map I loaded for now?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information