Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
FLTpilot
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
No sir... should have set up a VTune calibration, flash that to the bike and set up Flight Recorder for VTune data.
Oops... I have time and will certainly be riding again soon!

Time to RTFM....

Thank you Wizard

Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

One thing to NOT do, that Docs tuning guide saya to do is this: Do NOT set AE and DE to zero. Leave it as is. Doc had to recant on this one thing later.

With AE and DE set to zero while v-tuning... some odd stuff happens. Turns out setting to zero does NOT turn these functions off, just allows behind the scenes things to change.

Even if you set these to .1, you would be OK, but setting to zero, makes it start to learn upon key on, with the engine not even running.

Have fun tuning, my Jakazz friend!

Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 AM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Do NOT set AE and DE to zero. Leave it as is.

Even if you set these to .1, you would be OK,

So what do you guys recommend stock cal settings or the .1?

I have both set to zero right now

Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by jakazz
So what do you guys recommend stock cal settings or the .1?

I have both set to zero right now
What truk is saying is not to set the AE and DE to zero on the VTune calibration. You can set it to .1 to keep it from skewing the coding during VTuning your bike. TTS recommends leaving those tables alone when VTuning.

When VTuning, your VTune cal changes are AFR/Lambda to 14.6/.981, Adaptive Knock to Zero and your PE to higher RPM's than the motor will spin. After VTuning you should change all these tables back to original.

In your final calibration you can fine tune your AE and DE settings later if you have throttle lag or decel pop after you VTune.

All that is in the PDF file in my signature.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

TTS for UltraNutz! I mean dummies.. tells you all you need to know.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
TTS for UltraNutz! I mean dummies.. tells you all you need to know.
TTS had an update last night....

It's mainly for the new TTS analyzer (Green Box) but there are software changes that will reflect needed updates for the VT3. Go get it boys...

Try to break it and report back.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup. The updates will mainly be for TTS 2.5. 2.5 will not be for the cast majority of TTS users. This small run of TTS will be for tuners, etc to have the ability to hook up off board devices and have that information show up as just another trace in datamaster. Good Stuff!

This was included because of VTune 3 is coming at some point. Before they move forward with #3... #2.5 has to work so this all gets integrated together.

This is going to be interesting.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:52 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

I recommend you guys just leave AE and DE alone until all the way done with v-tuning. AFter v-tuning, AE will play a big role in stumble, etc.

Leaving AE and DE alone simply means the bike will take a few more moments to fill certain cells. When AE or DE is active, while v-tuning, the v-tune process will stop gathering data for that small moment of time.

The issue, when turning this off is this: when in zero state, the ECU will collect data when the engine is turned off but the key is on. It surprised all of us, when this was discovered. It's easy to figure out, a non running engine will surely have different data than one that is running.

The purpose of posting information here on HDF is to get my members to use this tool to the best of its abilities. I have talked to Wiz, naturally, and we both agree we REALLY like the members, here on HDF.

Feel FREE to ask ANY question... there is no such thing as a dumb question. We are here to help.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM
lp7734
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor confusion

Ok I am new at this but want to learn and know what I am doing and why. As I was reviewing my datamaster runs I noticed that the o2 sensor voltage was running from 980 mv to 1700mv+ but according to the o2 calculator for a lambda of .981 it should have been 785mv So what did I do wrong...Is this normal when you set up to doing vtuning? setting main lambda to .981 ect. Thank you all in advance for your time and answers.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp7734
Ok I am new at this but want to learn and know what I am doing and why. As I was reviewing my datamaster runs I noticed that the o2 sensor voltage was running from 980 mv to 1700mv+ but according to the o2 calculator for a lambda of .981 it should have been 785mv So what did I do wrong...Is this normal when you set up to doing vtuning? setting main lambda to .981 ect. Thank you all in advance for your time and answers.
Where in Ohio are you located?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information