Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Do you have the Blue TTS?

Your last flash and factory calibration are stored in the Blue TTS.

If you save a copy of the calibration that is in the ECM, Mastertune will not be able to read it. It will be a .MTE file. You need to view a .MT8
Has the Blue tts always stored the factory cal??? I have mentioned on here before that I had a computer crash when I first stored my factory cal and lost it...If it is also stored in my Blue TTS how do I find it???

Cheers...Sparra

Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Yes. It stores the factory cal in the blue TTS IF you followed the directions AND the flash in the ECM WAS your factory file.

It's in the manual. To keep me from typing so much start on page 19 of the manual.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Wizard...I guess I did something wrong at the start as when I do a restore it looks for the file,gets to 10% and then stops saying it can't locate the file...

Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparra
Thanks Wizard...I guess I did something wrong at the start as when I do a restore it looks for the file,gets to 10% and then stops saying it can't locate the file...

there is no "doing something wrong" with this process. When you first programmed/married the TTS to the ECM, the stock MTE file was saved to it . I'd suggest making a phone call to TTS support to get some help in retrieving it from the device.

310-669-8101

Old 04-03-2014, 05:59 AM
jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Have you ever used a TMax? Then you know it takes computer interaction as well to save all the changes and populate a new calibration.

You said you have the black box, then you say you have a file on the blue box. If you really meant blue box then you can get the last flashed file.

If it is not the final calibration then you can take the .MTE and contact TTS. See if they will give you the tables. You can copy and paste the tables to a new calibration and flash it.
I am a little fustrated not TTS's fault mostly laptop problems lost all data 2 times i need to back up my files. I was looking at T-Max because the interface is more like what we use on the drag car i tune on. After some more reaserch the delfi system with TTS is far superior. I have a file on box.com not blue box, i will start from there this weekend and get it right. Bike is not happy if you blip the throttle off idle just need to do a little work there, every where else is fine.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:06 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Currently I have a starting file (DTA044-033-A0.MT8) loaded in my 2012 SG. Runs much better.

Found a discrepancy(?) in creating my base VTune file. In "TTS for Dummies" on page 5 it mentions "2. Change the Adaptive Knock Retard Tables to 0", but in manuals VTune2 -Printed Help on pages 47-51 and manual Using Mastertune and Datamaster to tune Harley Davidson Motorcycles on pages 57-61 I do not see a mention for changing the Adaptive Knock Retard Table.

Just wondering?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by SSTuner
Currently I have a starting file (DTA044-033-A0.MT8) loaded in my 2012 SG. Runs much better.

Found a discrepancy(?) in creating my base VTune file. In "TTS for Dummies" on page 5 it mentions "2. Change the Adaptive Knock Retard Tables to 0", but in manuals VTune2 -Printed Help on pages 47-51 and manual Using Mastertune and Datamaster to tune Harley Davidson Motorcycles on pages 57-61 I do not see a mention for changing the Adaptive Knock Retard Table.

Just wondering?
You don't want knock retard to interfere with VTune. Set the AKR tables to 0

TTS Tuning Guide Manual Page 75 under 4.13.1 paragraph 3

Old 04-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by jamiegiroir@gmail.com
I am a little fustrated not TTS's fault mostly laptop problems lost all data 2 times i need to back up my files. I was looking at T-Max because the interface is more like what we use on the drag car i tune on. After some more reaserch the delfi system with TTS is far superior. I have a file on box.com not blue box, i will start from there this weekend and get it right. Bike is not happy if you blip the throttle off idle just need to do a little work there, every where else is fine.
Decrease your AE by 10% and retest your blip. Rinse and repeat until blip is better.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:09 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Where can I find tts for dummies? Gonna be tuning my fuel moto 107 soon and it's been a while since I've messed with tts

Old 04-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

look above the trike in my signature... click on it

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information