Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
It is what the engine is doing. It records the history via what the general 02 data wants (what's it's set to record) which is general data. It is not based on the calibration you are running.
Wiz, thanks. Still have a lot to learn.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 AM
grasmo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
look above the trike in my signature... click on it
Many thanks ....I found the TTS for dummies very useful.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully I will get started on mine today. Gonna install the K&N RK-3930 air cleaner then flash and cam tune. Then re-flash and flight record a bit. Temp should hit 83 today, good time to ride.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Egr

I wasn't completely satisfied with my recent adjustments on the bike so I went back and tried an experiment. I took my v tune map raised the egr values in areas I wasn't thrilled with, and ran it through the last set of vtune runs I did and generated a new map. It changed some ve values as I expected, flashed the bike and took it out. One or two minor timing changes to help with a small ping under heavy load and then a long data run. The bike ran a lot better, both temp wise and performance wise. When I looked at the data for the egr after the last run, the dots were to the left of the line, more so than on any previous run. I am stumped, any ideas

Thanks

Old 04-12-2014, 04:55 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I have done plenty of data runs and have done 10 cal's so far. I'm going to apply my"semi" final to the bike.

I figure that this should be fine till the VT3 comes out and then will go after the EGR and timing tables.

Question.

Do I manually blend the ve tables out like it states in the manual, or do I just leave alone like it is in the TTS for dummies?

Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've only done 4 VTunes so far but did long rides and noticed more FRs listed than stops I had made. The last ride yesterday FR3 had 11 different sections and I only stopped two times. Looks like it breaks it up some how or other.

My cam tune data shows the break at five. I tried both 4&5 for idle and a short ride but couldn't tell much difference, though 5 seems better? I only tried 3&2 at idle for closing and 3 seemed better.
What I'm getting at is, should I try again and look for anything other than a quick throttle response?

Right now I have reset VTune 4 as my final to ride today. Guess I'll see how it does bar hopping.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by jakazz
So I have done plenty of data runs and have done 10 cal's so far. I'm going to apply my"semi" final to the bike.

I figure that this should be fine till the VT3 comes out and then will go after the EGR and timing tables.

Question.

Do I manually blend the ve tables out like it states in the manual, or do I just leave alone like it is in the TTS for dummies?

Leave them alone for now.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
I've only done 4 VTunes so far but did long rides and noticed more FRs listed than stops I had made. The last ride yesterday FR3 had 11 different sections and I only stopped two times. Looks like it breaks it up some how or other.

My cam tune data shows the break at five. I tried both 4&5 for idle and a short ride but couldn't tell much difference, though 5 seems better? I only tried 3&2 at idle for closing and 3 seemed better.
What I'm getting at is, should I try again and look for anything other than a quick throttle response?

Right now I have reset VTune 4 as my final to ride today. Guess I'll see how it does bar hopping.
Flight recorder will make/start a new file when the fill size is full or when the bike is shut down and started back up. It really isn't unusual to have multiple files to download. Be sure to put the TTS back into flight recorder mode before going back out for another run. Doing this will delete all the recorded files in the dongle which will give you more data room and keep you from using an old file by mistake.

As far as your Cam Tune... 5?? Post a picture of your cam tune analysis graph.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Can anyone tell me if a two bike interface will work with a 07 96" Street Glide and a 2011 Ultra Limited 103"? I was curious as the cams should be the same. Or, am I completely off base lol.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Can anyone tell me if a two bike interface will work with a 07 96" Street Glide and a 2011 Ultra Limited 103"? I was curious as the cams should be the same. Or, am I completely off base lol.
Having a dual TTS is like having two TTS interfaces. It doesn't matter if the bikes are the same or different such as... you could do a CVO Ultra and a Sportser on the the same dual unit. The unit doesn't care what you have.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information