Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 12:55 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Just got my bike back from dyno tune. VE tables look good. Tuner used different base cal than I did so curious as to why and how tune looks and if v tuning seems necessary from here. I used dab358-03 and tuner used dad358-03. File is mt9 which is nice except I can't see any edits from origional. Don't know if mt8 was converted or a mt9 was used from start of dyno tune.My mods are in my sig. Thanks for advice.
https://app.box.com/s/xa5hk5frxkupbt4awj9lrg58jk0l4l1n

Last edited by slyedog; 03-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Can you give us the chart please?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:13 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Can you give us the chart please?
The dyno chart with the hp and tq curve is all I got.
No afr on it. Lines look nice.
Name:  matt%20dyno%20sheet.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  64.6 KB

Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 PM
nottaway
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
if v tuning seems necessary from here. I used dab358-03 and tuner used dad358-03. File is mt9 which is nice except I can't see any edits from origional. Don't know if mt8 was converted or a mt9 was used from start of dyno tune.My mods are in my sig. Thanks for advice.
https://app.box.com/s/xa5hk5frxkupbt4awj9lrg58jk0l4l1n
I would want to run the spark monitor for a few runs to make sure there is no detonation, but thats just me.

Dang, I was hoping to bust 90 with my 96" and current mods. If you barely did it with the extra cubes I'll prob have to settle for 80s.....

Old 03-05-2015, 02:02 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by nottaway
I would want to run the spark monitor for a few runs to make sure there is no detonation, but thats just me.

Dang, I was hoping to bust 90 with my 96" and current mods. If you barely did it with the extra cubes I'll prob have to settle for 80s.....
Numbers seem to vary so much, I wouldn't say you wont till it is in stone, but I am not so focused on numbers as a good curve w/o dips and overall tune as we all are. Hitting close to 107 tq is nice to see though. What has me confused is I used the 2-1 base cal and tuner used a cam big bore cal with factory exhaust. Maybe less time for him to tune the timing idk? Hence why I posted the question. My base cal to run after cams confirmed by the guys here and Steve was the 2-1 cal w/o cams not the cam with factory exhaust cal. If the tune is solid and so forth then no sense calling and asking tuner 20 ?'s but if its holding me back because tune was built off wrong base cal then I have an issue.

Last edited by slyedog; 03-05-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

The base calibration is not wrong it is just a different base calibration.

What makes it your calibration is proper VE work, EGR and timing. The DAD is for a 255 cam so the tuner was hoping the timing would be a close match. What he found was the timing was not too advanced or the VTIII would retard it.

I really didn't see much change except for that rear cylinder VE. If it were me and I had the time I would continue to VTune the bike by working with timing. If not and it runs good then leave it and enjoy the ride.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:44 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

The base calibration is not wrong it is just a different base calibration.

What makes it your calibration is proper VE work, EGR and timing. The DAD is for a 255 cam so the tuner was hoping the timing would be a close match. What he found was the timing was not too advanced or the VTIII would retard it.

I really didn't see much change except for that rear cylinder VE. If it were me and I had the time I would continue to VTune the bike by working with timing. If not and it runs good then leave it and enjoy the ride.
When you say didn't see much change is that from the base cal to what change was made during dyno, or change that needs made after the dyno?
I thought things looked good but threw me off as I was steered away from using the 255 cal when I put my cams in and was told to use the dab as I had been in this thread before riding season ended. Only concern I would have v tuning from here is doing any degredation to the tq curve that is currently present. If I can't harm that not concerned about little v tuning.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

What VTuning you do will do very little to your curve chart.

You can also take your dab file and copy/paste VE's and EGR's over to the dab and install it. My bet is it will run and act the same.

The changes I spoke of were edits compared to original in the VE tables.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:30 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

What VTuning you do will do very little to your curve chart.

You can also take your dab file and copy/paste VE's and EGR's over to the dab and install it. My bet is it will run and act the same.

The changes I spoke of were edits compared to original in the VE tables.
I will leave as is and see how it rides when it gets nicer out. Kind of frustrating spending time vtuning one cal to achieve the same results on different cal. Either way I know it should run nice and I can advance some timing and add a bit more fuel if need be. The dab has fair amount more fuel in lambda table on closed loop. believe the tuner did a good job and hope the results pay off. Thanks for looking.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:25 PM
rgr357
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Starting to think about ECM & tunning, being about 1/2 through my my cam & compression bump. Cams in heads off, just waiting on the HGs. Have the TTSv2 and installed and ran the updater on my computer

On that note I have a 2014 103 w/SE Heavy Breather and V&H 2-2 big radius. Installed the 57h cams and decided to bump compression by replacing the head gasket w/cometic .027. Riding season isnt here yet anyways & I was having fun working on it. Might seem like a lot of work, but I was going in through the top anyways w/ solid PRs. Expecting to be around 10.11:1 static in the end.

Looking at the TTS Cal listing & to start brushing up on the next steps. What do you think about starting with the DAC358-03 after I get things buttoned up?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information