Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 06:49 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 896 Posts

I don't think that's possible with the SE Pro Super Tuner. Not the factory tune. There's a stage 1 from the previous owner in the vci folder.
Sounds like a dealer flash.

Last edited by 60Gunner; 02-01-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,039 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
I don't think that's possible with the SE Pro Super Tuner. Not the factory tune. There's a stage 1 from the previous owner in the vci folder.
If you can't put your ECM back to OEM then that's OK... Chances are you will not need the OEM calibration ever again but I like to see the ECM back to original before starting with the TTS. That is my preference but not really needed. Pick your calibration and trust the process.

-W

Old 02-01-2021, 08:23 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
If you can't put your ECM back to OEM then that's OK... Chances are you will not need the OEM calibration ever again but I like to see the ECM back to original before starting with the TTS. That is my preference but not really needed. Pick your calibration and trust the process.

-W
Yeah, it won't be needed, thanks. It's not stock compression/squish either.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Yeah, it won't be needed, thanks. It's not stock compression/squish either.

No worries... just trust the process. Read and understand each step. You will be amazed

-W

Old 03-29-2021, 07:01 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there any way to rescale the x,y axis in the maps? the max rpm on the maps is lower than the rpm of my engine.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:25 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Junker
Is there any way to rescale the x,y axis in the maps? the max rpm on the maps is lower than the rpm of my engine.
I don't believe that is possible.

The following users liked this post:
Junker (04-06-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

FYI... For those with Traction Control.

Using Flight Record, set to Traction Control data. Go ride and gather data in all areas both low and high RPM's (It isn't about speed, please remember that, it's about load and throttle position at all RPM's)

After downloading the data from the TTS dongle go here to generate your new calibration. Rinse and repeat. http://mastertune.net/vtweb/

I can tell you that it makes a HUGE difference.

-W

Old 04-17-2021, 07:18 PM
BudW
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,
I am reaching out for help with TTS MasterTune Flight Recorder Data and VTune3-HD Merged Map Results and interpretation. I have a pretty extensive background tuning Toyota Atlantic cars with very fast Open Loop WBO2 sensor data and fuel mapping via a program that allowed you to grab one or more points of a 3d fuel map of injector duration modification at any given RPM and TPS point, and change them by any percentage, then read the O2 or Lambda data from the following on track run, to see what effect your mapping had. That along with the amount of WOT and driver interrogation made fuel mapping pretty easy. This experience and knowledge is old to be sure but the principal is the still sound. I just need to get a grip on VE% and Closed loop O2 data and tuning interpretation I think.
I can't seem to find the answer by reading the guides and help files for TTS MasterTune. I believe my confusion may come from my background in open loop fuel tuning which seems different from Closed Loop VE% tuning in a way I am currently trying to wrap my head around.

I recently acquired a 2009 E-Glide UC that had some pretty extensive mods done, 103 kit, K&N A/C, V&H Power Duals to V&H Twin Slash Ovals, TW-555 Cams, then was traded in before ANY tuning could be done. She was pretty blubbery and confused when I got her and I only knew of the exhaust and A/C. I tried the V&H, FP3 first because it had V&H equipment. The FP3 could not communicate with the bike at all. To my delight it turns out, it had a TTS map in it, after talking to a couple trusted sources, I find the TTS MasterTune system is touted to be the best system available today and hearing the background of Steve Cole and seeing the complexity of the software I believe it. I bought one and returned the FP3 immediately as it had not married to the ECU.
Following the tuning guide, using Flight recorder and VTune3 I found the VE% data for each cylinder diverging wildly from each other with each successive map with a large crossover point between idle and just after leaving a stop to cruise RPMs and Throttle positions. The VE% table graphs were getting mostly white boxes with a couple just outside the 5% white box indication. This large variation in VE% balance between front and rear cyl data just looks wrong to my experience. To Illustrate, I have put a couple screenshots of DataMaster2-HD below. The first one is of the 3rd data merge VTune3 map data run. The second is the data run after I manually took a shot at balancing the Front and Rear VE% Tables because, again the imbalance just looked wrong to me. I got pretty close with just a little work needed in the 2750-3000 RPM at 25% TPS range needed. The data looks much as I had expected it to look. Balance wise it even looks like it mostly was nailed. The bike ran great, maybe one long decel section pop that I felt I could tune out too but other than that it sounded and "felt" great, but I am not a dyno. When this data and the balanced map went through VTune3-HD the new map VE% tables had the previous wild Variations in them that I had manually balanced out and many purple boxes are now seen.
I am clearly missing something in the VE% tuning principals vs. what my experience leads me to believe requires a balance between the cylinders with perhaps a bit more fuel in the rear to keep it cool. As my first attempt using the VTune3-HD tool I probably am less confident in it than those who have more experience with it. That along with no experience in multi cylinder VE% tuning and the "Imbalance" seen in the data.
Am I just not trusting the tool, VTune3-HD as I should? The goal for me initially is to make sure the bike runs ok and won't self destruct, then ride it to a reliable dyno tuner for a full work over tune. We don't have anyone in our area anymore.
Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Old 04-18-2021, 09:19 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

You may want to consider trusting the TTS software and product and stop over thinking the process. Hard to do maybe but...

Follow the guidelines and have faith.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:01 PM
BudW
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
You may want to consider trusting the TTS software and product and stop over thinking the process. Hard to do maybe but...

Follow the guidelines and have faith.
Well Mr Wizard, I did just that and made a Final map. Seems to run just fine and strong, but I'm not a dynamometer.

This however doesn't answer my questions regarding the data graphs. I still have a natural curiosity and a need to understand the data. Can you or others here, help me in that quest?
Thank You.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information