Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
sweetroll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys - I'm going to be installing the NRHS 1250 upgrade next week, and have a TTS on the way to upgrade my computer and tune it. I was planning on starting with the base map suited for a 1200 with pipes and high flow a/c, but the issue is that there is a break in period for the 1250 kit, so I won't be able to ride the bike too hard for about 450 miles or so. I don't know how successful a v-tune will be during this break in - so am I ok installing the base 1200 map and riding through the break in?
Thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Ozroder
Intermediate

Hello all,

If you have questions about the TTS you might find your answers on the Australian version of the HD forums..................www.hdforums.com.au

Ozroder

Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ozroder
Hello all,

If you have questions about the TTS you might find your answers on the Australian version of the HD forums..................www.hdforums.com.au

Ozroder
Thanks for the link. I am a member of the .au as well now....

Old 04-30-2009, 07:37 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Gary... here's a question for you.

Lately, when I try to start the bike (09SG with TTS TD205) I get 'bus err' in the odometer screen and bike dies. I can hit the starter again and bike fires right up. I'm worried that eventually I will NOT be able to get the bike started. What's doing this?

NOTHING is hooked up to the bike as far as laptop or TTS comm box or cables or anything.

As a side note... my radio is locked up on the pick the FM channel screen. Cannot make it unlock. Pulling battery etc doesn't work. Cannot make it go into Diagnostics mode. Can the radio be doing this? I will pull the plug on the radio until I can get to a dealer if this may be the case.

Thanks

Any update? Was Steve able to help you?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:39 AM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by sweetroll
Guys - I'm going to be installing the NRHS 1250 upgrade next week, and have a TTS on the way to upgrade my computer and tune it. I was planning on starting with the base map suited for a 1200 with pipes and high flow a/c, but the issue is that there is a break in period for the 1250 kit, so I won't be able to ride the bike too hard for about 450 miles or so. I don't know how successful a v-tune will be during this break in - so am I ok installing the base 1200 map and riding through the break in?
Thanks.
Well, since no one else has answered I'll give you my opinion - and thats all it is. I think it will be fine to run the base map. I have heard several guys on this forum say that they have never done a V-Tune because their bike runs so well on the base map. That and the fact that you said you weren't going to run your bike hard.

BUT, you don't have to run your bike hard to do a V-tune. I'd suggest doing it as you're riding around as you would anyway. It can't hurt, and it will help.

Steve

Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by sweetroll
Thanks.
Here's my 2 cents. Do a few runs on the V-Tune after you upgrade. After your 450 miles are up do another V-Tune run to tweak for the break in period.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would run the base map but I think you want to change the engine size from 1200 to 1250. When you vtune your VE have a better chance of not hitting the ceiling Running at 127.5

Last edited by vtwinbmx; 04-30-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
streetdjack
Advanced

You don't need to ride the bike hard when doing V-tune !
keys for a good Vtune session are a smooth riding, a median temp and avoiding of sudden opening or closing of throttle ...
so you surely can do some Vtune sessions during your break-in period...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Took a trip and spent part of the time in Laughlin. Went to Speeds - they have not been trained by Doc or other TTS expert, but have a great reputation doing dynos. In fact Wayne the owner copped to not knowing much and said come by and we will both learn and gave me a much reduced price. Well long story short he did not have an updated version of the software so no dyno.... but he did print out where I am at now... It is a little hard to read with the size requirements 78 max HP and 93 max Torque. I am happy with the last number would like something higher for the first, but with a California stage II with 255 cam, flat top pistons, stock heads and a cat in the header, maybe this is the best I can do...?? I do like the feel of the torque! Couple of questions should I be making some changes to get things more rich in the 68 mph up range or will this hurt performance?? If I do need to make the change, how would I do this? Is this PE table adjustment or AFR or spark timing???

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-sc001d49be.jpg  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 PM
sweetroll
Advanced

Thanks guys - I guess smooth riding is the name of the game for break-in as well. I'll give the v-tune a shot, and make sure to change the settings to 1250.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information