Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Won't start after removing switch housing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
zgodwin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start after removing switch housing

I have a problem that I hope you HD gurus can help with. I have a 07 Ultra and trying to save a buck I tried to change out my stock black switch caps for the chrome kit myself. ( I know, should have taken to the dealer)

After changing the caps and putting everything back together it will not start. Seems like a problem with the run/stop switch. Switch travel is OK but I do not hear the fuel pump when I turn the ignition on and am unable to start the bike. The security indicator is on solid (even though I do not have the security system installed on this bike). I read the DTC codes and I get: P node no_rsp; S none; SP U1064; T none. I examined the wiring for to see if I pinched a wire and I did notice that one of the wires that come from the run/stop switch was knicked. It does not appear to be broken, just pinched, and it would not have touched bare metal since it was inside the plastic sheathing. I also noted that the turn signals do not work (either one).

Couple of questions, Does replacing the run switch involve replacing the entire wiring/switch harness or can you just replace the one switch and wiring? Does the no_rsp P code mean that the ECM is shot or just that the run\stop switch is not working? Is the turn signal problem related the the run\stop switch/ecm problem?

I know I am going to have to load my dead bike up and take it to the dealer but would like to get an idea what kind of damage report I can expect. I think trying to save a buck by changing my switch caps is going to turn out to be an expensive decision.

Thanks in advance,
Zack

Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
zgodwin
5th Gear

Problem turned out to be a blown fuse.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
cadman444
Stage III

Hey Zack...just read your post about changing the switch housings out...I know this is a pretty old post but the same thing happened to me...so it turned out to be blown fuse huh? which fuse was blown? Believe me, I was freaking when I flipped the run switch and nothing happened. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike