Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Berserk Knock Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
relxn88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berserk Knock Sensor

Open for suggestions. I have a 95" stage 2 dresser. My bike starts and runs ok but, I did a dyno and had lost about 20% of power and torque. Using the twin-scan data, plus the dyno, it showed the knock sensor retarding my engine up to 8 degrees at anywhere fron 20% to 100% throttle. I had some older readings (when it was running correctly) and the knock sensor would occasionally retard 1 degree at a full throttle whack, but that was it. It also has a severely screwed up afr. It used to be 13/1 afr across the band. I changed the throttle position sensor, fuel injectors, spark plugs and new F.I. spark wires. These changes helped my afr some, but not the power problem. The manifold pressure sensor follows the Throttle exactly(using the twin-scan data), so I fiqure that's ok. I'm down to thinking it's either the coil or the ecm, but I don't want to buy a coil if it's the ecm(ecm is big bucks and only the dealer can handshake the ecm). So, has anybody had this trouble and how did you fix it?