Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Total lLoss

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
plattjg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total lLoss

yesterday while riding 2002 RK noitced the odometer & speedometer acting up. stoppped for fuel. turned key on headlight, taillight,and fuel pump charged. hit starter button nothing. no passing lamps, brake light,horn,no odometer readout.
checked ALL fuses including circuit breaker all show good!
this is the police model with the safety clutch!
any suggestions b4 a trip to the HD dealer. bike has 15,500 easy road miles on it.

u nailed it before on the broken injector wire!

thanks in advance for your help.if u wanna email me plattshd@hughes.net

Old 06-18-2006, 04:06 AM
harleytwostar
Intermediate
Default RE: Total lLoss

Boy that's a strange one. Would think there was a bad ignition switch but the fact that the fuel pump charged and you have a tail light rule that out completly. I would start by taking a look at the first connector downwind from the ignition switch and see if it has pulled loose somehow but still making a slight connectionn on some contacts. Other than that I'm afraid you are just going to have to start chasing wires etc or run her to the darn dealer at $50.00 an hour.

r/ George

Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 AM
plattjg
Advanced
Default RE: Total lLoss

thanks WTS,

we checked as much as we could ,but had no ;uck. i have on prior ocassions lost the horn & speedometer,but never like this. since starter & fuel pump switch are in the same houseing,but on the other side the head light worked,but not the horn,turn signals or brake indicator. we had a break in the rain here yesterday (sat) so we trailered it to the HD shop. guess i'll have to ride mama's 03 springer - softtail to work this week. weather permitting !