Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

power commander 3 or fuel moto,s version?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
sporty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander 3 or fuel moto,s version?

i,m trying to decide between the powercommander3 for my 06 roadking or the one made exclusivly for fuel moto they look alike but looking closer at them the powercommander 3 has buttons which i think are for on the road fine tuning without a laptop ?? i don,t have a laptop so this would be good for me anybody use their version and if so how is it for durability and ease of tuning ??

Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sporty
i,m trying to decide between the powercommander3 for my 06 roadking or the one made exclusivly for fuel moto they look alike but looking closer at them the powercommander 3 has buttons which i think are for on the road fine tuning without a laptop ?? i don,t have a laptop so this would be good for me anybody use their version and if so how is it for durability and ease of tuning ??
I ran a PCIII on my bike for two years and never used the buttons. If I was to choose between the two I would pick the FM tuner since it is identical except the label and has no buttons. I honestly don't know why you'd ever need the buttons, and DynoJet has nixed them for the PCV.

You should consider the PCV instead, however, as it has many more features and is smaller. It also can be updated to Auto-Tune in the future and adding a map-switch is possible without buying an expensive module as with the PCIII.