Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
Question about PV. I have used the thundermax and PCV in the past. When you wanted to change a/f ratio...you just go to the table and change it...the feedback from the WBO2 would let the software make the change.

This thread talks alot about VE. I understand the principle and definition of VE. Here is the question. Once you have dataloged and got your VE tables to model the airflow for your bike....do you just adjust the a/f (lambda) to get the a/f you want (even outside closed loop)?
Yes, that is true.

Beast

Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Check this out. Loaded the "improved stock tune" from DJ as my bike is completely stock at the moment. Went for a log run for 40 min and went through the process. Noted that the tune was change in every cell from 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm and 10 - 60 kpa. The change was adding deltas to most cells. That is telling me that the tune is off. Maybe I should have left the stock factory tune in and did this....I would be curious if the factory tune is off that much. Change was from 3 to 12 increase in VE.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

Hi guys. I need some help. I installed my new Power Vision today (not auto-tune, stock sensors only) and the map that Jaime made for me seems really good. Bike runs good, some ping at WOT at around 4500 rpms, but I never really ride there anyway.

It was easy getting the new tune flashed to the bike, no problems there. I then did 3 data log runs and now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. I guess I assumed that I would simply link up to the WinPV software and be able to see SOMETHING.

As I read back through all the pages in this thread I see references to Log Tuning software. Is this something other than WinPV? If so, where do I get it? I apologize for such a basic question but I just can't figure it out. Just getting started here, not understanding the value files either.

All I did prior to doing the data log runs was enter the code 319245 that I read about here...did I need to do more than that? Didn't set up any gauges or anything. I try to view the datalog on the PV itself but all I see is a bunch of lines! Help?!?!?!

Last edited by stro1965; 01-30-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,380 Likes on 2,628 Posts

I would send the files to Jamie, let him adjust your map for you, its part of the deal!

Originally Posted by stro1965
Hi guys. I need some help. I installed my new Power Vision today (not auto-tune, stock sensors only) and the map that Jaime made for me seems really good. Bike runs good, some ping at WOT at around 4500 rpms, but I never really ride there anyway.

It was easy getting the new tune flashed to the bike, no problems there. I then did 3 data log runs and now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. I guess I assumed that I would simply link up to the WinPV software and be able to see SOMETHING.

As I read back through all the pages in this thread I see references to Log Tuning software. Is this something other than WinPV? If so, where do I get it? I apologize for such a basic question but I just can't figure it out. Just getting started here, not understanding the value files either.

All I did prior to doing the data log runs was enter the code 319245 that I read about here...did I need to do more than that? Didn't set up any gauges or anything. I try to view the datalog on the PV itself but all I see is a bunch of lines! Help?!?!?!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I would send the files to Jamie, let him adjust your map for you, its part of the deal!
Not even sure how to do that. When I look for the files in the folder where I saved them, nothing is visible, but when I try to save them again, I get a message that says that the file already exists...!!! LOL, I was hoping this would be simpler than Thundermax, but so far, NOT. I'm sure it'll start to make sense but it doesn't yet. I'm still looking for a user manual for WinPV, something other than the "Help" button within the software.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

All the manuals are available here: http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision

Plus, I'm sure Jamie would walk you through the process of sending him the files while he's on the phone w/you.

Not even sure how to do that. When I look for the files in the folder where I saved them, nothing is visible, but when I try to save them again, I get a message that says that the file already exists...!!! LOL, I was hoping this would be simpler than Thundermax, but so far, NOT. I'm sure it'll start to make sense but it doesn't yet. I'm still looking for a user manual for WinPV, something other than the "Help" button within the software.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

All the manuals are available here: http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision

Plus, I'm sure Jamie would walk you through the process of sending him the files while he's on the phone w/you.
THANKS!!!!!!! I looked everywhere for that stuff!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

THANKS!!!!!!! I looked everywhere for that stuff!
Did you not see the links printed everywhere in your quick start guide?

Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Did you not see the links printed everywhere in your quick start guide?
No, I had a link that took me to the map database, must have missed the rest. I see now that I have to follow the link and go to the top of the page to "Support", then "Downloads". Reading the manual now. This is gonna be painful.

Last edited by stro1965; 01-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Created a "value file" but when I go to retrieve it from Log Tuner the folder shows empty. Screw it, I'm done for tonight, I'll start all over from scratch after doing more reading. Apparently there are about 800 steps to go through and I'm too tired to mess with it any more tonight. I did have one minor breakthrough, I can view the data logs as Excel spreadsheets. I guess that's something.

Thanks for the help, at least the bike runs decent with the map Jaime supplied for now.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread