Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I figured it out, I was selecting all values to save, and not the selected valued needed, VE front, VE rear, AFR, and front & rear spark knock.

Originally Posted by fullautomike
Ever since I "updated" my tune using the "update your tune using PV" on the WinPV software I get this message when I use the Power Vision Log Tuner software to look at my data logs. When I hit the "Open PVV" button and then select the "updated" tune's .pvv file I get this:

What's the deal? Do I just ignore this or what did I mess up?
Thanks Mike

Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM
fullautomike
Road Master

Originally Posted by skarcher
Not a big problem. You're just selecting too many values when you create your
PVV file. Open your tune and only select front and rear VE, AFR, and front and
Rear spark. Then go to file menu and click on "save selected values". That will
create the proper PVV file.

That's it! thanks That did it, did not seem to affect anything, but I corrected it.
Mike

Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello, is there any benefit in letting auto tune run for an extended period of time 100 miles or more over a few days of riding? I have read a few guys doing this.

I have my value changes down to 1% or less after doing 10 auto tune runs each lasting 20-30 minutes.

Just curious if this would make any difference?

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Hello, is there any benefit in letting auto tune run for an extended period of time 100 miles or more over a few days of riding? I have read a few guys doing this.

I have my value changes down to 1% or less after doing 10 auto tune runs each lasting 20-30 minutes.

Just curious if this would make any difference?

Thanks!
If you've done 10 runs and are at <1% then you're probably in good shape. You can make the longer run, but it'll only benefit if you hit areas you haven't been able to hit previously.
I don't know how much on-board memory is available for longer runs...but you can run it til you run out.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Oilsmoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you run in autotune for 10 hours than wouldn't you be running 14.6 and 4 degrees retarded all that time? And if you shut down the bike what happens to the autotune you are running?
Just asking to learn Power Vision I installed last Friday.
thx
Oilsmoke

Last edited by Oilsmoke; 08-15-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: add stuff
Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm jealous of the previous poster being within 1% for the VEs after 10 runs. That's pretty awesome.

I also have a question about the standard AT Basic process. I was going along real good, if not slowly doing iterative AT runs, with better results each time up to my AT-007. Then, recently I did my 8th AT Basic run, this afternoon, and whoa! the AT percent differences are like 15% all over the map!

Yikes, what happened?

The only thing I can say was any different was that the weather has changed considerable. Most of the previous AT runs were done in plus 80'F weather and now this past run was low 70s, maybe cooler. But could that have made that kind of difference?

I'm inclined to delete this run and start again at the 07 it is so much different. I expected to see all cells with a few percent, as the previous run I had them down to everything under 5 except for a few cells.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 PM
fullautomike
Road Master

Originally Posted by stailjim61
The best way to do it is to set up your datalog like you would for a full LT tune. Then take the tick marks out of VE f and VE r and let log tuner make ONLY timing corrections. It will correct the tune but leave the VE's alone (they should be good already right?). So, if you're going to start from scratch here's what I'd do. Seeing as how you've already messed with timing I would get rid of all knock events.
OK after the 6th datalog timing adjusted tune, no more spark knock! I rode the hell out of my bike, even went to a BIG bike night and stuck in traffic with head temps up to 325*....no spark knock!

Originally Posted by stailjim61
Then do 2 more VE runs to make sure they're good. Then come back and add 1 degree across the entire table from 1500 to 5000 and from 30 kPa to 80 kPa. Then datalog and run it through LT again. Let LT tweak any knock events until they're all gone. LT corrects and you reflash. Keep doing it until all knocks are gone.
OK when you say do 2 more VE runs, use AT or LT? One step at a time for me, when I get this done we'll "talk" about the next move.
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 PM
itsahog
Cruiser

I posted this on another thread, before I seen this thread, I hope it is OK.

I have a 2009 HD Ultra Classic. I have 4" Rineharts slip on's, a HD SE Air Cleaner. It ran strong with a TFI (Dobeck) fuel manegement. When I installed the TFI, I removed the O2 sensors as instructed. It was like this for 4 years. Last week I had HD due a upgrade to a 103" with 255 cams. I did this sense I was getting the SE Compensator upgrade and could save some labor. Long story short, the bike runs terrible. I picked it up and it starts and idles good, but under any load at all, it hesitates terribly. If I baby it up, it will get the RPM's but if I give any throttle, hesitates and even backfires. I removed the TFI and returned to HD. They say that the flash does not seem to work and I need a tuner and dyno. I told them that I was buying a power vision, and that they need to have it running normal before I will accept it. Then I will install my Power Vision. Question is this: They still have my O2 sensors unhooked, can this be the problem? They replaced headers a year ago under warranty and never replaced O2 sensors, that is why they are not hooked up, although they will be tomorrow. 2nd, will the Power vision correct this? Or just provide downloads? Concerned may be more problems Thanks

Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 PM
fullautomike
Road Master

Originally Posted by itsahog

I have a 2009 HD Ultra Classic. I have 4" Rineharts slip on's, a HD SE Air Cleaner. It ran strong with a TFI (Dobeck) fuel manegement. When I installed the TFI, I removed the O2 sensors as instructed. It was like this for 4 years. Last week I had HD due a upgrade to a 103" with 255 cams. I did this sense I was getting the SE Compensator upgrade and could save some labor. Long story short, the bike runs terrible. I picked it up and it starts and idles good, but under any load at all, it hesitates terribly. If I baby it up, it will get the RPM's but if I give any throttle, hesitates and even backfires. I removed the TFI and returned to HD. They say that the flash does not seem to work and I need a tuner and dyno. I told them that I was buying a power vision, and that they need to have it running normal before I will accept it. Then I will install my Power Vision. Question is this: They still have my O2 sensors unhooked, can this be the problem? They replaced headers a year ago under warranty and never replaced O2 sensors, that is why they are not hooked up, although they will be tomorrow. 2nd, will the Power vision correct this? Or just provide downloads? Concerned may be more problems Thanks

I'm no expert, others will chime in, But I feel in order to get the most out of the PV you will need those O2 sensors. I also think in order for yor HD flash to work good you need those O2 sensors.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by itsahog

In order to run AutoTune Basic you will need the O2 sensors installed and working properly. Talk to FuelMoto they should have a starter map to get you rolling, probably better than a HD flash will. If you purchase the AutoTune Pro module with your PowerVision then it will come with wide range O2 sensors to use in place of the stock O2 sensors.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread