Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM
883_dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
I think your understanding is correct but you are looking at it from the wrong angle. Its not tricking anything, the VE is the VE. You are in calibration or not. You may take it out of calibration to achieve a certain objective but you not tricking it, you are just running out of calibration intentionally to achieve some end goal.
Gotcha. Are there any problems with running the bike out of calibration other than possibly being too rich or too lean?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a pretty cool feature. Using Power Vision to monitor fuel consumption, distance traveled and fuel used...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkMBw6L0h6o

Old 06-03-2011, 01:05 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pass
Has anyone else noticed their motor pinging but have no knock retard show up in the datalogs?? Some of my logs show no knock retard when I have definitely heard a pinging. Some logs do show the ping. It is kinda odd... So unless there is something out there that sounds EXACTLY like pinging that isn't actual ping, then the ECM/PV/or Plugs aren't picking it up.

Anyone else notice this?
Pass I am seeing exactly the same problem you cited in your other thread. Thanks for bringing it here. I want Jamie and DJ to see this.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Scotd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FX4
You are trying to look at volumetric efficiency as a tunable item. It is a constant at a given load and engine speed. It is not tunable. The VE tables are telling the rest of the map how your bike breaths (volumetric Efficiency) at a given load and engine speed.

I am sure you remember the days of spraying WD40 around the intake gaskets and listening to see if the motor RPMs increased.... LOL

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 883_dave
Gotcha. Are there any problems with running the bike out of calibration other than possibly being too rich or too lean?
I leave that question to Jamie or one of the other tuners monitoring this thread.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Scotd
I am sure you remember the days of spraying WD40 around the intake gaskets and listening to see if the motor RPMs increased.... LOL
LOL...I just did this with this build to see if that was causing my pinging!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:59 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
This is a pretty cool feature. Using Power Vision to monitor fuel consumption, distance traveled and fuel used...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkMBw6L0h6o

It will be, once they get it working correctly. Mine is off by about 20% on both fuel used and mileage, and from other posts, it appears that's pretty much the case with everyone. To me, it's not a big deal, since once I have the bike completely tuned, I'll be taking the PV off. But for the touring bike crowd that's planning on leaving it installed, I would think it would be very annoying. The originator of this thread has been communicating with DJ about this issue, so I would think they're working on it.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a little patience please with a newbie to PV...
Once i set up my signals to log on the PV unit as per PV Log Tuner user guide. What do i select to start logging my tune. I really want to learn the Basic Tune option procedure and soon will install my Power Duals and slip ons.. want to play around with stock tune for now.

If i select the Gauges ICON, i see the start LOG option but if u scroll each screen option and select START LOG , does that indicate it will only LOG what is on the current PV screen or all the SIGNALS from the SIGNAL ICON ? The weather hasnt been to great here for riding, so im reading more on the PV features. Im sure many others have same question.
BTW -- purchased from FM .. dont want to bug Jamie with dumA.. questions.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
hornhonker
Tourer

Also, my autotune cable just arrived. Does anyone know if the auto tune
functions are operational ?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by papifun
a little patience please with a newbie to PV...
Once i set up my signals to log on the PV unit as per PV Log Tuner user guide. What do i select to start logging my tune. I really want to learn the Basic Tune option procedure and soon will install my Power Duals and slip ons.. want to play around with stock tune for now.

If i select the Gauges ICON, i see the start LOG option but if u scroll each screen option and select START LOG , does that indicate it will only LOG what is on the current PV screen or all the SIGNALS from the SIGNAL ICON ? The weather hasnt been to great here for riding, so im reading more on the PV features. Im sure many others have same question.
BTW -- purchased from FM .. dont want to bug Jamie with dumA.. questions.
Go to Datalog then signals. There you will have a bunch of signals already programmed in. I deleted them all and then added the one's Jamie recommended. Once you have all those listed, go back to gauges and press the start log. The log will be now be logging the signals you just added along with any gauges you may have set up.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread