Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 10:14 PM
jjdaly
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Something I would like to understand better:

If I run a factory-like closed loop map with adaptive control enabled (which learns and applies correction factors over the set VE table), why is it that we still need to tune our VE tables when we modify the bike? (lets just say Stage 1 mods)

Is it simply because there are areas of the map that are open loop and will never learn through adaptive control? Or is it that adaptive control is in some way inadequate?
adaptive control is meant to adjust for environmental factors like air and fuel quality. engine changes are not environmental. it works with the presumption that the system has been calibrated properly for what the engine is and so the adaptive corrections learned and applied will be effective.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:01 AM
jordan1200
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Bruce
I got my bike back and put about 300 miles on it. I currently have TT/WB hooked up to it. I noticed Hella decel popping and while doing cruising anytime I let off the throttle it jumps to 17 AFR. This is anywhere from 10-25KPA and 1000-4500 RPM. The TPS is at 2-3% enclosed is my log. This is professionally dyno tuned. Any suggestions? Can this hurt my motor? Should I add fuel, spark, or both? Thanks.
you could try this from fuel moto. I would backup your tune first just in case but it shouldn't be hard to revert back even without it.
https://university.fuelmotousa.com/a...ing-decel-pop/

Old 07-26-2022, 12:57 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just updated my almost 10 year old PV unit to the most recent firmware. Noticed that "adaptive control" is no longer listed under 'limits and switches' in any of my tunes. Anyone know why it was removed? My tunes were set for closed loop on, adaptive off, and that's the way I like it.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
Just updated my almost 10 year old PV unit to the most recent firmware. Noticed that "adaptive control" is no longer listed under 'limits and switches' in any of my tunes. Anyone know why it was removed? My tunes were set for closed loop on, adaptive off, and that's the way I like it.
One some tune levels several eprom items such as ACR, adaptive control, etc. were moved from the .pvt calibration to the PV device. They can be accessed on the Power Vision under Program Vehicle>Quick Tune

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 2 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
OakMountainRider (04-08-2024), Red Dragons (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 02:34 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
One some tune levels several eprom items such as ACR, adaptive control, etc. were moved from the .pvt calibration to the PV device. They can be accessed on the Power Vision under Program Vehicle>Quick Tune
Ah, gotcha. Thank you.

The following users liked this post:
Adirondack Bob (10-10-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 01:58 PM
UltraV
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the PV for HD on my Road King. It tells me I only have 23% of the memory left. How do I delete stuff from the memory? I can delete one log at a time, but it would be a pain to have to delete them one by one.

Old 09-03-2022, 04:22 PM
ben31
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can delete several at once.
Using WinPV, click on the first you want to delete, scroll to the last one, Shift + click, so they are all selected. Then delete...

The following users liked this post:
UltraV (09-03-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 05:21 AM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,083 Posts

New PV3 user. '22 FXLRS. Installed my first tune from Fuel Moto for high flow slip-ons. Cruise control now inoperable.
Sequence of events.

- Installed TAB slip-ons
- Ordered PV3 and connected to bike to test. STK file created.
- Installed Cruise control. Had H-D flash to make operable.
- Installed Fuel Moto tune. Cruise control inoperable.
- Reset ECU. Cruise control still inoperable.

In hindsight, I'm thinking the PV tune somehow overlaid my cruise control setting. Since it was not captured in the initial STK, it is gone.

Thoughts on how I get my cruise control back? If I have H-D reflash (another $70) how do I capture it in my STK?

Old 10-08-2022, 03:10 PM
jfl330
Road Captain
Received 305 Likes on 167 Posts

Just received my PV4 from Fuelmoto. Doing the installation, had updated firmware, and was communicating with the PV4. Then the bike shut off. I cycled the ignition off and back on. Now the PV4 is dead, no LED's scan does not find it.
Very disappointed.

Old 10-08-2022, 03:50 PM
L88
Road Captain
Received 297 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by jfl330
Just received my PV4 from Fuelmoto. Doing the installation, had updated firmware, and was communicating with the PV4. Then the bike shut off. I cycled the ignition off and back on. Now the PV4 is dead, no LED's scan does not find it.
Very disappointed.
No kidding.
Check your fuses if you're confident with the PV harness connection to the bike.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread