Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

02 bias tables on SERT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: 02 bias tables on SERT

Is this what the 02 bias graph is supposed to look like with the 02 bias tables maxed at 798mv and is this a good thing?

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/ED555D9C920247099B2384419547CD3E.jpg[/IMG]

Lastly, have we decided that changing the 02 bias tables to 798mv in all ranges is acceptable?

Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

This is what the graph looks like with canned mapped 02 bias table settings:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/8DC75616A64C4A698B091384745280A0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you modify your Start Up fuel, Accel enrichment/Decel enleanment, or fail to reset your Reference to OE on the AF Map....

If none of those apply, I think it might be a fluke, and your VE's are way off the chart....

Were you running a Data Stream in Data Mode w/ o2's to get your DESIRED VE's, or making a small change and observing the result??

Just curious....

U..K..

Yes, now this is providing that you have done NO OTHER ADJUSTMENTS.... What you have done is essentially told the ECM that you want it to be at 14-14.2 in closed loop.....

But this is also providing that your VE's for front and rear are where they need to be, not too rich, not to lean....

If you have 1 cylinder too fat, it is gonna fatten it up a little bit more.....

Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

SHB

All I've done so far is flash the ECM with the 159PZ003-A0.MT6 file. I have not manipulated any of the numbers within this map.

Here is the VE Front #'s:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/3B378C25D777427A871FABCF39A893DB.jpg[/IMG]

Here are the VE Rear #'s:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/6BDAB39680ED4FA591781A8DAB336CA4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Run your CLB to 798Mv......

Send to ECM....

That map has a reatively large Closed Loop Area (Look at the Desired AFR table)......

All that red is where your going to be in Closed Loop.....

IF, and that is a big IF, you can, ENSURE THAT YOUR PC IS POWERED TO AN AC Source....

You don't want your PC batt dying on you mid transmission, you could wipe out your EEPROM, and need a dealer to reconfig your ECM....

Already seen it happen.... And no, it wasn't me...

Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

Run your CLB to 798Mv......

Send to ECM....

That map has a reatively large Closed Loop Area (Look at the Desired AFR table)......

All that red is where your going to be in Closed Loop.....

IF, and that is a big IF, you can, ENSURE THAT YOUR PC IS POWERED TO AN AC Source....

You don't want your PC batt dying on you mid transmission, you could wipe out your EEPROM, and need a dealer to reconfig your ECM....

Already seen it happen.... And no, it wasn't me...
Thanks a million for replying SHB.

I build computers on the side so I know how important it is to have a continual power source when flashing a bios, same for the ECM.

So taking the CLB to 798mv will bring my AFR down to 14-14.2?.......gotta love it!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
johnny canuck
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply a note to SB,OSE and the rest of the experts...thanks for your input & guidance...it is much appreciated...thanks for your patience...you fellas put in long day and still have time to mentor the newbies!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

simply a note to SB,OSE and the rest of the experts...thanks for your input & guidance...it is much appreciated...thanks for your patience...you fellas put in long day and still have time to mentor the newbies!

....Agreed! A big thank you for your patience and replies.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an off the wall question. ( I'mgetting cabin fever, too much time indoors and no time on the scooter).Anyways I know at least a few of you have some extensive knowledge on the automotive side of EFI. so here goes a question.

On an E85 vehicle itneeds toknow what type of fuel is in the tank. E85, regular gas or a mixture of the two.Say you were running 100% gas and just added a 3/4 tank of ethanol soyou now havea 75/25 mixture. The ECMmust add fuel across the entire range to offset the reduced BTU of the current mixture or you will run lean, (this is verified by reduce mileage).

Doesitdetermining the mixture based off closed loop operation and applying it full scale?? Is it possible it's capable of calculating open loop based onRate of acceleration vs Throttle position vs Load, Engine temp rate increase, ect? I think we all agree that Open or Closed loop is determined byO2 sensorsusage, but I find it hard to believe that otheravailable datawould be ignored because the O2 sensors are out of range.

Here's a test: Next time you come to a down grade approach it in 5th gear.Shift to sixth but hold the Clutch in and see how long it take for the "6Th gear light to come on". Or pull the clutch in while coasting in sixth gear and see what happens.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 AM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjuetten

For what its worth Imaxed them out and the bike billowed black smoke andpopped on decellwith flames. However it does seem to work great on some bikes.So I'm not trying to talk you out of doing it, just suggest making smaller incremental changes working your way to MAX values.

Once it warms up I plan on doing some more logging. First stepis to enter "NEW VE" values into the VE tables. Once thats squared away I'll increasethe CLB values.
cj:

IMO, dropping the Closed Loop AFR half a point by maxxing out the CLB tables and making no other adjustments to the map would not have caused the conditions you describe. A Tech/friend that recently attended MoCo's SERT Tuning Class told me they still recommend setting the entire AFR Table to 13.0:1, tuning all VE Cells to produce 13.0:1, then returning the AFR Table to original settings for further fine tuning.

Running/tuning a bike at 13.0:1 is producing a richer condition than the mere ~half point from the CLB Table!

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Quick Reply: 02 bias tables on SERT