Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

02 bias tables on SERT

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 02 bias tables on SERT

CLB has no effect on decel pop....

Decel enleanment, and VE's are where the corrections need to be made....

Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
raidermc
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum and glad to be here!!
I regards to the CLB table, in the map file#78.
Would it be prudent to change the values in AFR tables of 14.6 to 14.1 to match the closed loop switch values (798mv).
It seems like the majority of this table is at the 14.6 ratio and if i understand correctly the is where the AFR is attempting to run in Closed loop.
Thanxs for any input

07 Ultra
V&H Classic mufflers
K&N AC
SERT

DJS

Old 05-01-2007, 11:23 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: raidermc

New to the forum and glad to be here!!
I regards to the CLB table, in the map file#78.
Would it be prudent to change the values in AFR tables of 14.6 to 14.1 to match the closed loop switch values (798mv).
It seems like the majority of this table is at the 14.6 ratio and if i understand correctly the is where the AFR is attempting to run in Closed loop.
Thanxs for any input

07 Ultra
V&H Classic mufflers
K&N AC
SERT

DJS
raidermc:

From the SERT Tuning Mode Help files:

Closed Loop Operation
Background
2006 EFI Dyna models come equipped with 2 "switching" O2 sensors…also known as stoichiometric sensors. Unlike wide-band O2 sensors which can measure and control over a wide AFR range (10-20), switching sensors can only control within a narrow range (+/- 0.5 AFR). This offset in control is accomplished with the EFI Race Tuner by adjusting the Closed-Loop Bias table.
Closed-loop operation is only used when the engine is in a normal operating condition. There are several instances when the ECM goes into open-loop operation. These include: warm-up, high load or high RPM operating conditions (such as WOT), when the vehicle is in Hot Engine Management, or any time the AFR requested is richer than 14.6. Data Mode has also been updated to read and record proper Closed-Loop parameters for proper tuning.
Tuning with Closed-Loop
Only calibrations that are closed-loop capable can be used for closed-loop operation. When a calibration is opened in Tuning Mode, a box in the upper right region of the screen will indicate if a calibration is intended for open or closed-loop operation.
The AFR table controls the operating conditions in which the ECM will enable closed-loop. The AFR cell must equal 14.6 for the ECM to enable closed-loop operation. This allows the user to control if and when the bike is in closed-loop using the AFR table.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 PM
raidermc
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if i drop the values of the AFR tables below 14.6 the bike won't switch to closed loop?
It looks like the majority of that table is set to that value.
maybe i'm having a senior moment because its a little unclear as to where the ecm pulls its information when its not in the closed loop bias table.
My assumption is it gets it from the AFR table and if thats the case those values are too lean(14.6).
It seem from what i get out of all of this is a good range is 13.2 to 14.1.
Is this correct???
I hope my questions are not idiotic ones!!

Thanxs for your input!!!

DJS

Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: raidermc

So if i drop the values of the AFR tables below 14.6 the bike won't switch to closed loop?
It looks like the majority of that table is set to that value.
maybe i'm having a senior moment because its a little unclear as to where the ecm pulls its information when its not in the closed loop bias table.
My assumption is it gets it from the AFR table and if thats the case those values are too lean(14.6).
It seem from what i get out of all of this is a good range is 13.2 to 14.1.
Is this correct???
I hope my questions are not idiotic ones!!

Thanxs for your input!!!

DJS
DJS:

From what I've learned here and hands on, a value of 14.6 in the AFR table tells (switches) the ecm to operate in Closed Loop. Yes, ideally those values in most of the AFR table represent normal operating conditions which according to experts here are not too lean. Good performance and good mileage!

Looking at a sample SERT map will show areas outside closed loop (high load, high rpm) will be controlled by the AFR table also, and will only be accurate if the VE Tables are correct. If the VE Tables are tuned correctly, then the desired values of the AFR table should beaccurate.

Taking the time to read the SERT Manual and the help files of Tuner Mode will yield a tremendous amount of information about how the H-D EFI system operates and what effect the SERT has on tuning.

Also do a search here for SERT, and read to your hearts desire!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]