Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PV Map creation

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default PV Map creation

I am wondering if I can create a new map to try out from another one I have already. I have been trying out different maps from FuelMoto and Dynojet. The FM map is more economical. But the Dynojet is geared to performance and gets less gas mileage.

The FM map uses 14.4 for the AFR main range (see attached pic) while the Dynojet uses 14.0. I am wondering if I can change the AFR to 14.2 in those cells and not have to change anything else on the map. Then just go out and do several autotune runs to get it dialed in to the new AFR.

I am thinking (most probably wrong about it) that by changing this I can get some more performance and keep some of the economy mileage too.

By the way, my bike is a 2011 Limited. I have a FM AC, decatted stock headers and stock mufflers that have been gutted by American Custom.

Attached Thumbnails PV Map creation-afr.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by az_steve
I am wondering if I can create a new map to try out from another one I have already. I have been trying out different maps from FuelMoto and Dynojet. The FM map is more economical. But the Dynojet is geared to performance and gets less gas mileage.

The FM map uses 14.4 for the AFR main range (see attached pic) while the Dynojet uses 14.0. I am wondering if I can change the AFR to 14.2 in those cells and not have to change anything else on the map. Then just go out and do several autotune runs to get it dialed in to the new AFR.

I am thinking (most probably wrong about it) that by changing this I can get some more performance and keep some of the economy mileage too.

By the way, my bike is a 2011 Limited. I have a FM AC, decatted stock headers and stock mufflers that have been gutted by American Custom.
Your thinking is correct. You should have no problem changing the AFR's to 14.2, then go see which you prefer. You might also look to see what the timing looks like on both maps.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:20 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Please let us know how you go, as i am similar situation with you

I got PV with dynojet map, stopped all decel popping and bike got more go in it but mileage has dropped some and interested in straight out changing AFR for better economy

Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 11-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I posted a map a ways back and thats exactly what I did. I took my best map and changed the cells in the cruise range. When you're on the gas looking for performance, you're not in those cells for long anyway.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 AM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mirrmu
Hi,

Please let us know how you go, as i am similar situation with you

I got PV with dynojet map, stopped all decel popping and bike got more go in it but mileage has dropped some and interested in straight out changing AFR for better economy

Thanks
Mirrmu

The PV was reporting my mileage around 39.4 MPG, not bad in my opinion. I like the power I am getting out of the engine, running through the White Mountains here is much better. Bike has more "umph" hauling my fat a$$ up hill.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

hi,

good stuff, i have done 10 autotune runs on the Dynojet map i got with PV and bike running well

still gotta get windows PC to be able to read these files to then see whats going on, the PV a good allround unit, really enjoying the gauges

thanks
mirrmu

Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by az_steve

The Auto Tune is not dialing in the AFR it is actually correcting the VE tables (which however are used directly for fuel delivery calculation), the AFR/Lambda table is the fuel reference/target. Most importantly to note is that the 14.4 AFR (actually .981 Lambda) in the cruise range in our calibration is at the rich limit for closed loop, if you richen it the calibration below this value it will be open loop meaning it will not use O2 sensors correction and will not be adaptive. In the end a couple tenths of an AFR point are in no way going to be measurable as far as performance, mileage or engine temp, the differences are going to come from the actual VE tables as well as how adaptive control is or is not correcting the calibration.

We would be more than happy assisting you to get your bike dialed in. I would start with three 20 minute auto tune sessions, updating your tune between each session. You can then email me the fuel map at jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I will take a look at it and make any necessary adjustments and if you need any assistance you are welcome to contact us with any required tuning support or questions along the way.

For those interested here are an instructional videos:
There is a video here

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com