Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

My experience, your benefit....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 04:04 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My experience, your benefit....

I have a 2005 Ultra Classic that I have been less-than-satisfied with various options of windshields, including the "extreme recurve" styles, for the entire time I have owned the bike (since new). I've had short, tall, recurve, aero-dynamic, etc. and still have the buffeting at 65+ mph. Until recently...

Having not yet tried the LRS recurve (and not a fan of the Javelin appearance, and dissatisfied with the competition's similar looking "melted look"), I ordered 2 windshields from LRS when on sale -- the Ultra Recurve at 9" in smoke, and the Flat Top at 9" in smoke. I installed the Ultra Recurve and have ridden with it for several months, including a trip from Houston to Arkansas over a 4-day weekend and 1700 miles. It was an improvement over the past options I've tried, but still had some bobble-head action (I am 5'11" and sit on a custom Russell Day-Long seat). I wasn't a fan of the appearance of the Flat Top, but yesterday decided to put it to the test on a day-ride down along the Texas Coast / Galveston -- and wow! No more buffeting to me, and from what I could tell it will be a great improvement to passenger as well. I also noticed the ability to hear the radio much better in the absence of the buffeting.

So, while I appreciate the look of the Ultra much more (rounder, more aerodynamic), mine is not a show bike and is meant to be ridden long distances. The comfort that the Flat Top adds to the bike makes it much more enjoyable over the long haul and begs me to return to the road at the next opportunity.

Hope my experience helps the next one looking to make a decision on upgrades!

Old 09-12-2017, 03:34 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Thank you! I am very glad to hear you have finally found some relief! Glad we could help.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone: