Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

We have a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

I've been very happy with the product. Never had an issue with customer service. Quick delivery each time.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:59 PM
Flynblind
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
So lets understand this... You buy something 6 months ago, remove the protection and you want a refund. Really? BTW, I found these guys to be good vendors and good luck with your endeavors.
You are correct. It was my mistake and I owned up to it. What I found offputting was the good luck to you, we wont help you response. That is not great customer service.

BTW Who is Craig and why do I care about his list? 😆

Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,229 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan28
... Its over twice as much now though buying direct vs when I bought it on Amazon ...
Good Lord! I didn't realize that until you said it... You're right, they're $150+ now! I paid $50 for mine on Amazon exactly 2 years ago today.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:47 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynblind
You are correct. It was my mistake and I owned up to it. What I found offputting was the good luck to you, we wont help you response. That is not great customer service.

BTW Who is Craig and why do I care about his list? ��
Respectfully - They have NO OBLIGATION to help you! You bought the wrong stuff 6 months ago! It does not have the packaging! They cant resell it! So you want your error to be their financial loss? Think about it... IF you realized you made a mistake and left it in the packaging and called them even a month later, thats 1 story. Essentially you're trying to return a 'used' item. People dont stay in business long doing that. Suck it up, list it here for 20% less and consider it the cost of an education. Unless something is in the wrapper, it cannot be sold as new. Demo maybe but not new. If you explained your situation and they weren't nice or hung up, ok the bitch would be, 'ok I screwed up but be nice about it'. What Im reading is ' they wont help me'..

Last edited by uncle kebo; 03-26-2019 at 07:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by uncle kebo:
LXT (04-01-2019), PFWiz (04-02-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 08:33 AM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Good Lord! I didn't realize that until you said it... You're right, they're $150+ now! I paid $50 for mine on Amazon exactly 2 years ago today.
Looks like my insurance is going to cover it. Though it really didn't get damaged that bad. I will keep the older one as a spare. I think I paid $70 for my first one, and it was worth every penny. I've got over 23,000 miles with it, in all conditions, couple trips of 5000+ miles and several over 2000 miles.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Flynblind
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Respectfully - They have NO OBLIGATION to help you! You bought the wrong stuff 6 months ago! It does not have the packaging! They cant resell it! So you want your error to be their financial loss? Think about it... IF you realized you made a mistake and left it in the packaging and called them even a month later, thats 1 story. Essentially you're trying to return a 'used' item. People dont stay in business long doing that. Suck it up, list it here for 20% less and consider it the cost of an education. Unless something is in the wrapper, it cannot be sold as new. Demo maybe but not new. If you explained your situation and they weren't nice or hung up, ok the bitch would be, 'ok I screwed up but be nice about it'. What Im reading is ' they wont help me'..
Just because you said "Respectfully", doesn't mean you can ....Nevermind. Not worth it.

I don't think you have the entire set of data points to be analyzing this situation or I misstated my complaint.

It did have the packaging. I removed it to test fit the shield and carefully placed it all back. No damage incurred as the shield never made it fully on to the bike.

At no time did LRS ask if the shield was damaged.

I sent them a high resolution image of the shield. They denied a return because of time, not damage or "used item".

October (this is misleading as it wasn't delivered until November 1st. Yes, 2 weeks+ after ordering.) to February (emails sent on the 20th) is not riding season and these sat on a shelf in my garage while I waited for better weather.

It was not appropriate customer service to say "Try Craig's list". That is a cop-out and ****-poor response to the question of "What is the return/exchange policy?" (exact quote of my original communications).

I made zero demands and only asked for what options they provided.

I don't have a problem with the shield itself. I got a **** poor response from them and tried to make sure that people on this website were aware to be really sure about ordering from them, new owners or not.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:56 AM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Just because you said "Respectfully", doesn't mean you can ....Nevermind. Not worth it.

I don't think you have the entire set of data points to be analyzing this situation or I misstated my complaint.

It did have the packaging. I removed it to test fit the shield and carefully placed it all back. No damage incurred as the shield never made it fully on to the bike.

I sent them a high resolution image of the shield. They denied a return because of time, not damage or "used item".

October (this is misleading as it wasn't delivered until November 1st. Yes, 2 weeks+ after ordering.) to February (emails sent on the 20th) is not riding season and these sat on a shelf in my garage while I waited for better weather.

It was not appropriate customer service to say "Try Craig's list". That is a cop-out and ****-poor response to the question of "What is the return/exchange policy?" (exact quote of my original communications).

I don't have a problem with the shield itself. I got a **** poor response from them and tried to make sure that people on this website were aware to be really sure about ordering from them, new owners or not.
What would be the appropriate handholding response be? Given they answered your question, obviously not the one you wanted, gave a suggestion to get some of your money back, what would have given you that warm fuzzy feeling? Saying sorry but no isn’t bad customer service. You say you take responsibility then turn around and blame the company for what exactly? Thanks for making us aware

The following 2 users liked this post by sectime:
LXT (04-01-2019), PFWiz (04-02-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Flynblind
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sectime
What would be the appropriate handholding response be? Given they answered your question, obviously not the one you wanted, gave a suggestion to get some of your money back, what would have given you that warm fuzzy feeling? Saying sorry but no isn’t bad customer service. You say you take responsibility then turn around and blame the company for what exactly? Thanks for making us aware
"handholding"?

"warm fuzzy feeling"?

These are words intending to belittle me and downplay the situation.

I have said my peace, twice now.

Go forth and taunt someone else.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:26 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Having ordered from LRS before, I know they have an explicit, spelled out, very clear, stated multiple times policy that if you remove the protective packing, you will NOT be able to return the item.

From your description, you removed the packing, and you waited past their return timeframe as well. 2 wrongs don't equal a right..

The following 2 users liked this post by crazytown:
EJM05 (05-03-2019), PFWiz (04-02-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Flynblind
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crazytown
Having ordered from LRS before, I know they have an explicit, spelled out, very clear, stated multiple times policy that if you remove the protective packing, you will NOT be able to return the item.

From your description, you removed the packing, and you waited past their return timeframe as well. 2 wrongs don't equal a right..
Nobody said two wrongs make a right, least of all I. But it seems multiple folks miss the mark on what I was saying. I asked a question of LRS, "What is the return/exchange policy?". I received (after a few emails trying to find my order) a response that the order is too old, try to sell it on craig's list.

Repeating this is getting old. And no amount of deflection or misconstruing my comments is going to change this fact.

Never did I receive this (at time of order, upon sending my inquiry, never):

"All Long Ride Shields products are packaged with a clear film that adheres and conforms to the windshield surface. This protects from damage and ensures the purchaser receives a quality product. Upon receiving a windshield, inspect it for satisfactory performance and quality. If the film has not been removed and the rider is unhappy with the windshield for any reason, return it for a full exchange or refund, minus any shipping and handling charges.

In the event that the windshield is sent back with any damage or if the clear film has been removed, a restocking fee of 25% of the purchased price will be applied to the return or exchange. All shipping costs for returns and/or exchanges are the responsibility of the original purchaser of the product.

With your order number on hand, please contact us through phone or email and we will get your return processed.

All returns must be made within 30 days of the original product ship date."

I eventually found this on my own doing a web search.

Again, this isn't a question of me wanting a refund/exchange with no regards to the rules. If they communicated with me in the future, I would not exchange my shield as I will no longer do business directly with them.

The issue I take exception with is the poor customer service response received in return.

I anticipated that I would eat the cost even without knowing the policy. I clearly stated this in an email to LRS. I only wanted to see the return policy which I have found by myself. In hindsight, I should have never communicated directly with them and just used the web to find my answer.

Quick Reply: We have a new owner