Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

No response to return request?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 01:50 PM
SchnauzerNamedGator
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No response to return request?

I ordered a Long Ride Shield. However it has about an inch of extreme blurriness all along the top edge. I could see it through the plastic wrap, so I gently peeled back just a little bit, and wow is it bad. There's no way I can go down the road with that going on. So I emailed for return approval. Nothing. Called, no answer that way either. After 3 emails, I give up. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from these guys? Or is this blurriness the way all their shields are?

Old 05-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 901 Likes on 497 Posts

So you ordered a Mega Curve shield and are now surprised that you can't see through the mega curve? You're supposed to size these so that you look over the shield, not through it.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (05-17-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 05:33 AM
SchnauzerNamedGator
Advanced

I did. And I would be looking over it, but it sure is a weird visual distraction to see things change perspective like that. I have a cheapo $35 ebay curve windshield now, and it doesn't do that. It's just about 2-3" too short.

So after posting this, they did respond. And approved the return. So I have to pay return postage, and the only winner here is usps and ups.

Everybody hates a whiner, I understand that. But when I pay top dollar for something ($125), and it's not what they advertise, it irritates me. It always seems not so bad when it happens to someone else, right?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 901 Likes on 497 Posts

Well, you did a good whine job posting your discontent on several threads, but let's move on, as you are received your response. I have an LRS on my Road Glide, and it isn't the curve that I dislike, more the poor edge fitment. However, I think when they advertise Mega Curve, you did get what they advertised, you're irritated you didn't like it would be more accurate.

The following users liked this post:
SPRINGER (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 PM
SchnauzerNamedGator
Advanced

If they had advertised this, I might have been able to make an informed decision. However, when they say NO distortion, how am I in the wrong to be dissatisfied when there is distortion?

This is from their website:
"The Mega Curve is made from the highest quality polycarbonate on the market. This material creates a superior shield in both durability and optical clarity. The hard glass coated polycarbonate will allow for thousands of miles of comfortable riding without a scratch while creating perfect visibility when looking through the windshield. Our highest grade optical material will ensure that this shield is clear and distortion free."

It's over and done with. I'll return it, and be out $32 for return shipping. I don't know about you, but I hate to waste money. I hate to be deceived or ripped off too. If someone had posted about how the windshields were that way, maybe I wouldn't have ordered one. But nobody mentioned it, afraid to whine? Well I'm not, and hopefully anyone who doesn't like distortion in their windshields will be prevented from wasting their time and money. I buy thousands of dollars of stuff online, and I depend upon reviews for the truth, both good and bad.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:19 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,924 Likes on 3,022 Posts

They're under new management and the price is higher. I have a recurve, no issues except it's not for my bikes hardware so I had to drill holes.
I bought mine before they sold.
You paid $125, that's cheap and the luck of the draw.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:16 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi,
Can you please provide your email address and order number so we can get this issue fixed for you. It may be the case that your emails went to our spam folder. Our shields are made to be distortion free and we will certainly get this taken care of for you.
Thanks for your patience,

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-31-2019, 06:08 PM
SchnauzerNamedGator
Advanced
Default Update

A few weeks ago I received a replacement windshield. Even though they emailed me asking if I wanted a replacement, and I specifically said no, I want a refund. They evidently have serious customer service issues there.

I will say this windshield is very good quality, and I have installed it, deciding not to even try and deal with them anymore. Heck with it. So this new windshield has NO distortion, and works great at wind deflection. But it took me creating this post to even get them to respond to my email to do the return. Sad. I think the return shipping costs should not be paid for by the buyer when the fault is the seller. I will NOT be buying anymore LRS.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:36 AM
mdj6j
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a LRS windshield on my 2016 roadglide ultra. And had a problem with stress cracks. Had the same problem (no/slow response). And when the did reply. Said my purchase was out of warranty by a couple of months. And as far as Zedbra post, I thought that this is what the forum it for to keep people informed to what are good people to do business with

Old 06-23-2020, 09:30 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnauzerNamedGator
I So I emailed for return approval. Nothing. Called, no answer that way either. After 3 emails, I give up. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from these guys? Or is this blurriness the way all their shields are?
It was slow by internet standards, but not awful when they answered my question about models. But there does seem to be theme.

I wanted a clear windshield. They only offered it in the expensive model

Quick Reply: No response to return request?