Sponsored by:

114 big bore kit ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default 114 big bore kit ordered

Not really needed just want to try it. Got 1k miles on my 17 RGU and just ordered the kit. Will wait til 3k to have it installed.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:48 AM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you think. Keep us posted.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Not really needed just want to try it. Got 1k miles on my 17 RGU and just ordered the kit. Will wait til 3k to have it installed.
Originally was thinking of doing the same but after riding it a bit I may just go with the stage 2 torque cam setup.The numbers on the stage 3 look real nice just not sure I want the dealer wrenchs tearing my engine apart with only 1k on it. From what I heard they have to install it so as not to void warranty.
Looking forward to see the results

Old 09-17-2016, 08:31 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I am getting my bike delivered this week. They are going to install the 114" kit from the start, with no miles on the bike. I too was nervous doing it, but i gotta remind myself they do this stuff all the time and its basic mechanic stuff. I have a 107" fuel moto kit with headwork done on the bike i traded in, if i didn't do the 114" i would regret it. I was told if the dealer installed it within 60 days of buying the bike its covered under all the warranty. Well with the first year motor, i am planning on buying the 7 year extended warranty, so the 114" motor will be covered for 7 years. Piece of mind and the reason that i am doing it now

This will be the first bike ever that i will keep with harley stuff to keep my warranty, i have a feeling with the street cannons the exhaust is what is going to drive me nuts, hope it sounds okay, worse case i blare the stereo so the pipes won't annoy me.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:05 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Right there with you on keeping it harley. As far as the warranty the manual does not put a 60 day limit on the warranty.

Originally Posted by roadrash3
I am getting my bike delivered this week. They are going to install the 114" kit from the start, with no miles on the bike. I too was nervous doing it, but i gotta remind myself they do this stuff all the time and its basic mechanic stuff. I have a 107" fuel moto kit with headwork done on the bike i traded in, if i didn't do the 114" i would regret it. I was told if the dealer installed it within 60 days of buying the bike its covered under all the warranty. Well with the first year motor, i am planning on buying the 7 year extended warranty, so the 114" motor will be covered for 7 years. Piece of mind and the reason that i am doing it now

This will be the first bike ever that i will keep with harley stuff to keep my warranty, i have a feeling with the street cannons the exhaust is what is going to drive me nuts, hope it sounds okay, worse case i blare the stereo so the pipes won't annoy me.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:06 AM
roadrash3
Road Master

Right there with you on keeping it harley. As far as the warranty the manual does not put a 60 day limit on the warranty.
The 60 days i refer to is what i was told by the dealer. That any parts added like the boom stereo, 114 kit led lights etc, if installed within the first 60 days of owning the bike will now fall under the 7 year extended warranty. Otherwise they only come with their warranty, don't know about the engine stuff but the speakers only have a 2 year warranty. so i am looking at doing it all at that start to extended all the warranty stuff for the term of 7 years.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3

I am going this week to trade in my 2013 Limited on the new Limited. They are supposed of my color choice in sonetime this week.

I too am gonna be doing the 114 kit at time of purchase with the 0 miles on it for the same reason as you. I have the Fuel Moto 107 with heads and full exhaust. They at the time was there yesterday wanted to know if I was considering the full 117 kit. This would involve splitting the cases and installing the crank from the 114 CVO model.

Felt this was maybe going too far. But it sounded good but have decided not to have cases split.

The 7 year warrantee is a good idea too. We didn't discuss the price of it yet. Will when we sit down and make final deal. What was the cost you were quoted for the extended warrantee?

Yours will be done before mine. Hopefully my color bike will be in this week if not following week. Please keep us up to date how you like it.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Tedwilliams09
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Keep us posted on three 114 kits. I can't wait to see how they perform.. I am hoping they are strong!!!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:01 PM
roadrash3
Road Master

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
I am going this week to trade in my 2013 Limited on the new Limited. They are supposed of my color choice in sonetime this week.

I too am gonna be doing the 114 kit at time of purchase with the 0 miles on it for the same reason as you. I have the Fuel Moto 107 with heads and full exhaust. They at the time was there yesterday wanted to know if I was considering the full 117 kit. This would involve splitting the cases and installing the crank from the 114 CVO model.

Felt this was maybe going too far. But it sounded good but have decided not to have cases split.

The 7 year warrantee is a good idea too. We didn't discuss the price of it yet. Will when we sit down and make final deal. What was the cost you were quoted for the extended warrantee?

Yours will be done before mine. Hopefully my color bike will be in this week if not following week. Please keep us up to date how you like it.
I don't remember the price of the warranty, but its the standard rate, i wanna say somewhere between 2200-2600, but i can't recall.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:06 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Wonder what the price difference of just buying a CVO? You would have a factory 114 and a whole lot more. I'm guessing 7k?

Quick Reply: 114 big bore kit ordered