Sponsored by:

2017 bike out of service 114" stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 10:01 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Wow! That thing must scream!

I test rode a 17 SGS with the Cannon exhaust, air cleaner and dealer installed tuner. Very noticeable difference over the stock - which is wicked impressive on its own.

The following users liked this post:
ocezam (10-22-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 10:04 AM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LA VIC
I thought you probably would have, at $2700 bucks you got a really good deal.
2700 did not include the street cannons or air cleaner, I would have done those regardless of the 114" kit, but adding up that total now makes me a little sick.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:30 PM
FloridaHD
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadrash3
The kit was like $1600 and 10 hours labor, cost was somewhere around $2700 total. I normally would not have done it but was told if I did it right away when I bought the bike it carried the full 7 year extended warranty. Glad I did it, I could not be happier. 5 years from now I would have been itching to do it
When you say seven years on your extended warranty can you elaborate? I just recently got a 2017 Limited and also purchased the extended warranty to cover the stage III kit I plan on getting. However, it was explained to me it is only for 5 years, not 7. I too thought it added 5 years to the current 2 from factory. Also if you don't mind me asking how much was your extended warranty?

Thanks in advance,

Old 10-22-2016, 08:56 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

2700 did not include the street cannons or air cleaner, I would have done those regardless of the 114" kit, but adding up that total now makes me a little sick.
IIRC my dealer charged 12 hours labor and gave me 10% off all the parts. It is a pretty good chunk of change but I couldn't be happier with the results. Being covered by the factory warranty helps take the sting out of it a bit.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:13 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaHD
When you say seven years on your extended warranty can you elaborate? I just recently got a 2017 Limited and also purchased the extended warranty to cover the stage III kit I plan on getting. However, it was explained to me it is only for 5 years, not 7. I too thought it added 5 years to the current 2 from factory. Also if you don't mind me asking how much was your extended warranty?

Thanks in advance,
You are correct that it does not add full additional years, it makes it a total number of years. You start with 2, and you can ad a 3 year ESP which gives you a third year, not three additional and so on.
Also you commented you acquired the ESP to cover your Stage III kit when you install. You only have a certain amount of time to install to have it covered as well with your ESP. I believe its 60 days from purchase but could be 30, check with your dealer. The kit if installed after only has a 1 year factory warranty. Just a heads up

Old 10-23-2016, 08:02 AM
FloridaHD
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
You are correct that it does not add full additional years, it makes it a total number of years. You start with 2, and you can ad a 3 year ESP which gives you a third year, not three additional and so on.
Also you commented you acquired the ESP to cover your Stage III kit when you install. You only have a certain amount of time to install to have it covered as well with your ESP. I believe its 60 days from purchase but could be 30, check with your dealer. The kit if installed after only has a 1 year factory warranty. Just a heads up
Ok, that is my understanding. I got the 5 year extended. I am just wondering how people are getting the 7 year? I was told at the end of my five year I will have a one time option of adding another two years, or three, forgot which, for an additional cost at that time.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Ok, that is my understanding. I got the 5 year extended. I am just wondering how people are getting the 7 year? I was told at the end of my five year I will have a one time option of adding another two years, or three, forgot which, for an additional cost at that time.
Your first two years are factory warranty. So if you buy the seven year two years are covered from factory. Check your start and end date of contract. Just bought one start date is September 2016 and end date is September 2023.
Its on the front page.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:43 AM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

When I say 7 year, it's the two year factory warranty plus the five year extended warranty so I am covered for a full 7 years, sept 2023. I paid 2134 for the warranty.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:56 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

When I say 7 year, it's the two year factory warranty plus the five year extended warranty so I am covered for a full 7 years, sept 2023. I paid 2134 for the warranty.
Is this the HD ESP? If you bought a 5 year from them it runs in parallel to the 2 year factory warranty. So 5 years total ending in 2021. Or maybe you bought a 7 year? Didn't know they offered a 7 year but I dunno.

If you bought the Cornerstone plan (aftermarket), that 5 year plan actually starts After the 2 year giving you 7 years total. It's a great plan honored at HD and is around 1350.00 or something for the additional 5 years.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:09 AM
attaboy15
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,163 Likes on 1,127 Posts

I am considering the 17 RGU. I am up here in Lake County by the shores of Clear Lake. If you are riding nearby let me know so I can check out your 114". Seems like a good choice while sealing the deal. Currently riding the 2000 SERG. Over 50K miles without a problem.

Quick Reply: 2017 bike out of service 114" stage 3