Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Cool Flow Fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:13 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I have a limited and I'm getting one...although mine is waaay cooler than my 13 was. But I test rode a bike with one on and there was noticeable difference when sitting at the light....and not just for the passenger....for me! My local dealer is charging me 1 hour for fan install and will flash my bike for the high beam/spot light. That's 1/2 hour. So he said he will just do them both in 1 hour.

If I didn't have a CAT, I prob wouldn't add it .....but I think it's worth it

Old 04-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Fairkid
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had it installed on delivery in October. I've had a number of days over 90 and it's nice to hear that fan come on. Yes, it helps. Still a lot of heat coming off the exhaust but now that the cat's gone with stage 2 installed, I think it'll be even more noticeable....Mama says it's lots cooler on back.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Desert Hog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got mine installed and it is noticeably cooler on my leg. Anything to get rid of heat is worth it here in Phoenix!

Old 05-08-2017, 03:42 PM
supercrwler
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny!
Anyone else install one yet?
Noticeable difference during the hot weather?

Installed mine this weekend on my Ultra Classic, pretty straight forward install and it took about 4 hours. The included relay and harness does have you intercepting the ABS system (assuming for speed reference for fan on and off cycling), so for those who plan on doing it yourself, it will throw an ABS code until the digital tech enables it at the dealer.
Looking forward to seeing how this works in tandem with the fan assist oil cooler I installed....now I just gotta get to 1000 miles and then have the dealer enable both of those and the 1K service.
Yeap,,It took me a good 3~4hrs,,Poor manual instruction,Poor PICS,
How do you managed to installed fan button to the switch body?
You have to be a genius to do that(disassemble whole switch body, Never said in manual)
Then Dealer has to be update So call digitally update,,What the****PITB.
Not worth it for $299.00

Old 05-08-2017, 09:26 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

I had this installed after my wife said she could feel some heat on her feet. Happy to report this eliminated that problem. It actually sucks a lot of air if you feel the vent out. Very happy. Took dealer about 3 hours to install but the flat rate is 2.5 hours. The mechanic was cussing the whole time.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Mrhavasu
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this for the non water cooled bikes only? Anyone have any pics of the fan installed? Thanks

Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 AM
mstrty
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My CoolFan arrives tomorrow. I will install it this weekend. I did have it turned on in the BCM at the dealer last weekend along with other servicing. One thing to note:
With the CoolFan activated in the BCM but missing in the system a red error indicator light in the speedometer cluster comes on and remains on until the radiator cooling fans come on. As long as the radiator fans are on the light is out. When the radiator fans turn off the red indicator light returns (CoolFan missing I guess). It is kind of cool know to when the radiator fans are on. I am going to hate to see this indicator disappear once the CoolFan gets installed and it stops throwing this error indicator. Strange the radiator cooling fans are tied together somehow with this optional passenger comfort fan.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:30 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrhavasu
Is this for the non water cooled bikes only? Anyone have any pics of the fan installed? Thanks
It works for any 2017+ Touring.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Mrhavasu
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks

Old 07-28-2017, 09:03 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Good info - tks

Quick Reply: M8 Cool Flow Fan