Sponsored by:

Slip-Ons for Harley Catless Head Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
william magritz
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Slip-Ons for Harley Catless Head Pipe

Just curious if anyone has found a set of slip ons that fit the catless head pipe from Harley.... The screaming eagles with cats in mufflers aren't to bad but looking for more sound. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:19 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

That's a tuff question to find the right answer to only because there are a ton of different choices that sound damn good. I will suggest that hearing them on line is not the way to way your choice on because they do sound different on you tube. Try to find a set in real life to listen to

Old 04-17-2017, 03:01 PM
william magritz
Intermediate

This isn't just a sound question. The Harley screaming eagle head pipe has a different outlet diameter than the factory head pipe. So my question is there an aftermarket company making slip OMS that fit the different diameter head pipe.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:16 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,415 Likes on 4,019 Posts

Originally Posted by william magritz
This isn't just a sound question. The Harley screaming eagle head pipe has a different outlet diameter than the factory head pipe. So my question is there an aftermarket company making slip OMS that fit the different diameter head pipe.
I read they did that so you would have to use the SE mufflers with CATs with that head pipe.....

I have not seen a set of the cat-less head pipes. Have you measured the diameter of the pipe you need to slip the mufflers over? Or the inside diameter of one of the mufflers?

A total guess here, but I'm gonna say they made them a "special" size to avoid people easily removing the CATs and getting HD in trouble with EPA again...

Old 04-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,178 Likes on 6,218 Posts

It would probably be easy to buy regular slip ons of whatever brand you like then go to an automotive muffler shop and have them make you an adapter to fit.

Fuelmoto sells a catless head pipe that uses the OEM heat shields and you don't encounter the fitment problems.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM
MarkBorg
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just curious if anyone has found a set of slip ons that fit the catless head pipe from Harley.... The screaming eagles with cats in mufflers aren't to bad but looking for more sound. Any input would be appreciated.

So far no one has answer your question. I can't either but my dealer said he thought any of the pre 17 slip ons would fit. Gonnna have them check it out for me.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:46 AM
william magritz
Intermediate

For those interested I did a little work last night, I am not sure if this applies to all screaming eagle street cannons or just the full exhaust setup Harley offers.

if you look at the end of your street cannons and there are three rivets in the pipe(not the end cap screws) you can drill those out and a small restrictor will be able to be removed.

I call all it a restrictor and not a baffle as there still appears to be a core and baffle setup in the pipes.

This woke up the street cannons to be an amazing sounding system that has just the right tone, and worse case if you don't like it it's three rivets to install.

The following 2 users liked this post by william magritz:
MarkBorg (04-23-2017), SirWraithe (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 02:24 PM
SirWraithe
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

For those interested I did a little work last night, I am not sure if this applies to all screaming eagle street cannons or just the full exhaust setup Harley offers.

if you look at the end of your street cannons and there are three rivets in the pipe(not the end cap screws) you can drill those out and a small restrictor will be able to be removed.

I call all it a restrictor and not a baffle as there still appears to be a core and baffle setup in the pipes.

This woke up the street cannons to be an amazing sounding system that has just the right tone, and worse case if you don't like it it's three rivets to install.

Are you referring to the original 17 Street cannons? I would love to liven mine up.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

i'll check it out this weekend. I have the V&H 4" mufflers but do prefer the look of the SE cannons because of the downward slant cut that better matches the bag design.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM
william magritz
Intermediate

Not sure if this applies to the regular screaming eagle slip ons or just the full system. I know the have different inlet diameters but not sure on the exit side