Stage II w/Fuel Moto Jackpot Headpipe & PV tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Shahin7497
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Woods 222

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
That took all of what, 3 hours before someone had to turn it into "another" thread with warranty BS. If your looking to vent, there are plenty of other threads.

Brad, very sweet chart, thanks for sharing. I have the Fuel Moto headpipe on mine as well, with their woods 222 cam, tuned with powervision. I couldn't be happier. This thing just pulls and pulls. Enjoy your new ride brother.
what dyno numbers are you getting with the 222 cam ? I have same set up but wit se 447 tq cam

Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 PM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts

BRADN

Set up looks good .. Cant wait to hear it..

if you don't mind

post a vid of Cold Start, Start up after warmed up, Rev and Take off

That would be awesome!!!

ENJOY!!!

Your set up has me thinking!!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:05 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by VDeuce
Some reports of failed oil pumps, cracked rocker arm supports, cracked cases and this one that failed in a rather spectacular manner:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...-m8-blown.html

If you do need servicing, I'd suggest at least reflashing the original map in, but then the dealer installed the PV so... That is a nice bump in power for exhaust and tune.
Just to clarify, that bump includes the cam, the AC, as well as the exhaust and head pipe.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:44 PM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FunnelCake Combo
BRADN

Set up looks good .. Cant wait to hear it..

if you don't mind

post a vid of Cold Start, Start up after warmed up, Rev and Take off

That would be awesome!!!

ENJOY!!!

Your set up has me thinking!!
What he said... we think alike!

The following users liked this post:
FunnelCake Combo (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 08:20 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
kind of a stretch to make a broad blanket statement like that, from the sampling you read about on the internet...I'd want to back that up with some empirical data before drawing that kind of conclusion..just sayin'
May be a stretch today, no statistics yet. I do see a "trend" on several threads and posts here. Refer post #10 on this thread and open up. That is a sampling.
No doom and gloom yet, we will know better by the end of this riding season. Would I call the M8 "bulletproof" at this point? No. Time will tell. Let's get back to the OP, this is a subject for another day.

Last edited by checkers; 04-29-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:34 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

kind of a stretch to make a broad blanket statement like that, from the sampling you read about on the internet...I'd want to back that up with some empirical data before drawing that kind of conclusion..just sayin'
"empirical" I had to look that one up.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:42 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
May be a stretch today, no statistics yet. I do see a "trend" on several threads and posts here. Refer post #10 on this thread and open up. That is a sampling.
No doom and gloom yet, we will know better by the end of this riding season. Would I call the M8 "bulletproof" at this point? No. Time will tell. Let's get back to the OP, this is a subject for another day.
the only real 'trend' that matters is the one HD is graphing on charts based on facts from warranty claims and their own research to come up with a rate of failures. myself and two friends with M8's now over 5000 miles and have had zero mechanical issues..our Service manager spoke at our Chapter meeting last week and said since the M8's have been out for 8 months now they have not been issued and TSB's, Recalls and even lifted the initial factory 'service watch' earlier than usual (can't remember exactly the terminology he used. point is as good or better so far as anything the MOCO has put out in his opinion. Now it's still early, I'm not into the 'JD Power Initial Quality Award' bs..wtf does that mean anyway..they made it home from the dealership when they bought it without falling apart..LOL..like you said, we'll know much more after a long hot Summer I suspect

Last edited by mjwebb; 04-29-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Glyder54
Banned
Received 541 Likes on 377 Posts

the only real 'trend' that matters is the one HD is graphing on charts based on facts from warranty claims and their own research to come up with a rate of failures. myself and two friends with M8's now over 5000 miles and have had zero mechanical issues..our Service manager spoke at our Chapter meeting last week and said since the M8's have been out for 8 months now they have not been issued and TSB's, Recalls and even lifted the initial factory 'service watch' earlier than usual (can't remember exactly the terminology he used. point is as good or better so far as anything the MOCO has put out in his opinion. Now it's still early, I'm not into the 'JD Power Initial Quality Award' bs..wtf does that mean anyway..they made it home from the dealership when they bought it without falling apart..LOL..like you said, we'll know much more after a long hot Summer I suspect
Suppsed to be a $35,000 per incident to dealers who mess with non epa tuners also...hence my reference to deep pockets sbould they get investigated.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:23 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

bradn

Congrats on the new tune and parts.

My rebuilt King is now officially a Stage II build. Eliminator 400's, Ventilator, Harley TQ cam, Harley neutered tuner and a spam can map at this point. And I road it home today in rain, thunderstorms, wind. Next decat the head pipe.

Good Luck

Old 04-29-2017, 09:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
bradn

Congrats on the new tune and parts.

My rebuilt King is now officially a Stage II build. Eliminator 400's, Ventilator, Harley TQ cam, Harley neutered tuner and a spam can map at this point. And I road it home today in rain, thunderstorms, wind. Next decat the head pipe.

Good Luck
So you got that squared away finally ? I lost track of that thread.

Air cleaner, Fuel Moto Jackpot Hi rollers and the sc tuner is about all I'm doing to mine beside some trivial bling maybe. Love the sound of those Jackpots , much deeper than I was expecting but not over bearing .

Quick Reply: Stage II w/Fuel Moto Jackpot Headpipe & PV tuner