too much flo in the last 24

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:43 AM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts
Default too much flo in the last 24

First time I have ever done this one...

Came into the garage last night after bike night. didn't quite have the kickstand down and had that gentle lay down on my M8 in the garage. wife hears the commotion and comes to the garage, "you're F##ked up aren't you, no honey (and I really wasn't) but that evil smirk made me laugh a little. I had a crack in my longride windscreen already so its now a done deal. Its actually cool, because I REALLY did not like the look of it. I have the Harley 12"? redirect or whatever the hell they call it windscreen to replace it with already and I still have the stock shortie windscreen (which is completely useless).

so fast forward to this morning. going in the garage to get the dog food and to see if there was any other damage to the bike (nothing), hit the first step wrong.... belly flop right on the garage floor. Now that one kind of hurt.

IE the name of this thread, too much flo in the last 24. LOL

The following users liked this post:
Wmoor004 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:04 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,614 Likes on 4,457 Posts

"you're F##ked up aren't you, no honey"

ok, so why did she play that card right off the bat, and did you really mean "no honey...not this time"

and...belly flop = better than faceplant!

messin' wit ya'..glad nothing serious happened

Spurrs (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:11 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

I was already thinking about taking off my 16" longride thresher windscreen anyway. it had a crack in it already and to me its just butt ugly. so I get to go back to my 15" Harley brand recurve. not sure why I switched in the first place honestly.

It was all funny afterwards to me. today not so much. sore as hell now. After the second "trip", I yelled upstairs to the wife. Honey toss me down those 800 mg motrins. lol

mjwebb (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Spurrs
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about your trip, but your wife's comment did make me smile!

Keeping dry over there? Was going to drive over on business today then down to Springfield through Rolla. Looked at the MoDot maps of road closures in MO and said never mind . . .

Old 05-03-2017, 01:00 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I did that when I had my Dyna. As I was dismounting, something didn't feel right, so I stood the bike back upright, and when I did the kick stand flopped back up into the riding position. Had I gotten off the bike, it would have gone down.

Glad you didn't hurt yourself or the bike.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:53 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

More damage to my pride than anything else. but there was some actual damage to an already damaged part.

bye bye long ride.

finished breaking the already cracked long ride windscreen. Not overly pissed, because I was going to replace it anyway.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:37 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior

A huge chunk was out of the old wind screen. that was pretty dangerous. damn thing could have came off riding on the highway. probably a good thing it finished breaking giving me the gumption to go ahead and take it off. The old 15" Harley recurve aint bad and it looks 100 times better IMO.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

funny, reminds me of a time when I almost lost the bike in my garage. Was moving it around to get it situated and leaned the bike over more than I should have.. Bike started going down and I did everything in my power to keep that from happening.. had it leaning on my thighs with arms wrapped around in ways not humanly possible. The slightest move would end it all. better to remain motionless. yelled out to the wife for help as i struggled to keep the 800lb bike from hitting the floor. probably took 5 min for her to arrive. Felt more like 30. Don't know how many times I prayed but we got her up.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:43 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

My wife did the same thing with her SGS last weekend (and yes, it really was my wife and not me, lol). She was really embarrassed but I added saddlebag crash guards to her bike within days of having it. It is amazing how well they worked in conjunction with her engine crash guard. I came out to the garage and there is my wife jumping up off the floor like nothing happened and her scoot was sitting at almost a perfect 45 degree angle on both crash guards. Absolutely zero damage to her Hard Candy Hot Rod Red saddlebags, no damage to her footboards, muffler or derby cover. One of the crash guards had a minute abrasion on the underside of it, and the other was mint.

I then showed my wife how to right her bike and then convinced her to go for another little ride so she wouldn't be afraid to jump back on it the next time. I knew the crash guards worked but I have never installed the saddlebag crash guards on any of my scoots in the past. I installed them on my wife's bike for her peace of mind, and let me tell you, I'm glad I did. They probably saved me a lot in would have been repairs, and now my wife is more confident that they work.

Glad to hear the OP was fine other then possibly having a bruised ego.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:50 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Hurray for engine (crash) bars! Glad you didn't crack your head on that fall. You wife knows you well, doesn't she?

Quick Reply: too much flo in the last 24