Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird idle after bike gets hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:13 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,227 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Reading the manual would have answered this twice. Using the search on this forum would have answered it 10k times.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Your info button on the right handlebar will show status of the idle system. More info is in the manual.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:33 AM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Your info button on the right handlebar will show status of the idle system. More info is in the manual.
Wait - info button on the RIGHT handlebar?

I have the button on my left side, but it doesn't do anything to show the EITMS status.

I can see whether it's turned on by "reverse rotating" the throttle, but I don't see any way to tell if it's active at idle.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:55 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,081 Likes on 1,263 Posts

You have a Road King buddy....... we don't have the infotainment system that the bikes with fairings have, just the scroll thru stuff on our speedo.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:27 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts

Ok so what if my EITMS was off? I went outside to turn it off, but i I turned it on..

Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

if you are certain it was disabled when you observed the issue you are reporting at idle then at this point since it runs fine and you are taking it in for the 1K soon just go over this with them to demonstrate your issue

Last edited by mjwebb; 07-09-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

I went outside to check if it was on, turned key on, rolled throttle forward and it was green. I'll ride it again and get it hot and see what happens. It sounds like what you guys are describing. It doesn't make a whistling noise, but more of a little bit of a sputter. Rpm's raise a little bit..

Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
I went outside to check if it was on, turned key on, rolled throttle forward and it was green. I'll ride it again and get it hot and see what happens. It sounds like what you guys are describing. It doesn't make a whistling noise, but more of a little bit of a sputter. Rpm's raise a little bit..
MOCO stars EITMS is for ride/passenger comfort as it eliminates the rear cylinder from firing and creating heat. The less fires in a minute the less heat is generated.
You have the option to turn it on and off at will with the throttle rolled back and wait for a few seconds. Green is on red is off.
Bob

Old 07-09-2017, 12:58 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
and when you take it to the dealer for 1K take the long way there and get it good and hot, have them come out and go thru enabling and disabling it in front of them..it'll be obvious when it switches on and off and it does jump up in idle rpm's when enabled..I'm guessing tho everything is fine and normal with your bike and working as designed..good luck

Old 07-09-2017, 01:09 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mjwebb
and when you take it to the dealer for 1K take the long way there and get it good and hot, have them come out and go thru enabling and disabling it in front of them..it'll be obvious when it switches on and off and it does jump up in idle rpm's when enabled..I'm guessing tho everything is fine and normal with your bike and working as designed..good luck
I'm thinking it's normal as well. I'll have them take a look at it just to be sure.. Bike should be nice and warm by the time I get there. Dealership is an hr away.

Quick Reply: Weird idle after bike gets hot