Sponsored by:

New Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner software

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default New Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner software

For those of you who are interested, a new version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner is now available from Bosche Automotive and the Harley Davidson Motor Company. By launching the software it will check to see if updates are available and then download the newest version. The newest version is StreetTuner 11.000.007exe. Hopefully it will provide some new fixes to the ECM program. Note: in order to use this software to tune your engine you will have had to have purchased the SE Pro Street Tuner and have it married to your bikes ECM. You will also have to install the software on your laptop and purchase two cables which hook the tuner to your computer.

Many have already purchased this tuner if you installed the Stage I air cleaner and/or Screaming Eagle slip on mufflers to your 2017 motorcycle or the new 2018 motorcycles. This software only works on the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner not the older versions. I can not say what changed are new because I only found the update earlier today. Within the next few days I will be retuning my 2017 and also doing a couple of new smart tunes as well. Will know more then.

Last edited by Retrop; 09-04-2017 at 08:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bpav16 (02-11-2018)
Old 09-04-2017, 09:56 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
For those of you who are interested, a new version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner is now available from Bosche Automotive and the Harley Davidson Motor Company. By launching the software it will check to see if updates are available and then download the newest version. The newest version is StreetTuner 11.000.007exe. Hopefully it will provide some new fixes to the ECM program. Note: in order to use this software to tune your engine you will have had to have purchased the SE Pro Street Tuner and have it married to your bikes ECM. You will also have to install the software on your laptop and purchase two cables which hook the tuner to your computer.

Many have already purchased this tuner if you installed the Stage I air cleaner and/or Screaming Eagle slip on mufflers to your 2017 motorcycle or the new 2018 motorcycles. This software only works on the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner not the older versions. I can not say what changed are new because I only found the update earlier today. Within the next few days I will be retuning my 2017 and also doing a couple of new smart tunes as well. Will know more then.
not following..."a new version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner is now available from Bosche Automotive and the Harley Davidson Motor Company"

are you saying they have superseded this with a new one, or just new s/w updates are available with it? reading your post can't tell if you're talking about a new hardware device (SEPST) or just sw updates..

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ance-tuner-kit

this is till out there pending regulatory approval

"https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/smart-tune-pro-automatic-tuning-module"

Old 09-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,255 Likes on 3,627 Posts

From looking mainly at the stage 2 touting TQ map..

The only things I see are that they added a 3500 rpm adjustment to the throttle progressiveness table. The new throttle tables are a little more They also give you the option of setting the rev limiter lower then 6400 (in the stage 2 map anyway)..
Idle RPM table is not viewable.

Everything else looks the same but I've not looked at other maps..

Most of the VE and timing stuff looks the same..

The new softail stuff has been added in..

Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
not following..."a new version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner is now available from Bosche Automotive and the Harley Davidson Motor Company"

are you saying they have superseded this with a new one, or just new s/w updates are available with it? reading your post can't tell if you're talking about a new hardware device (SEPST) or just sw updates..

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ance-tuner-kit

this is till out there pending regulatory approval

"https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/smart-tune-pro-automatic-tuning-module"
OK, I can see where there might be some confusion here. Bosch Automative and the Screaming Eagle Division of Harley Davidson Motor Company have just released their 2018 version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner SOFTWARE. When you hook up your bike to the computer using your VCI it will automatically install the latest software updates on your computer as well as update your VCI (the tuner) if it needs it. If you want to take advantage of the new ECM updates you will have to re-tune your bike using your tuner. Note: You must have an internet connection to get the updates. Sorry for any confusion.

The following users liked this post:
103Eagle (09-05-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 11:15 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Thanks for he heads up. Will plug up later tonight and see what’s up.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,255 Likes on 3,627 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
OK, I can see where there might be some confusion here. Bosch Automative and the Screaming Eagle Division of Harley Davidson Motor Company have just released their 2018 version of the Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner SOFTWARE. When you hook up your bike to the computer using your VCI it will automatically install the latest software updates on your computer as well as update your VCI (the tuner) if it needs it. If you want to take advantage of the new ECM updates you will have to re-tune your bike using your tuner. Note: You must have an internet connection to get the updates. Sorry for any confusion.
Few things..

1. If dyno tuned, it's probably best to leave it alone unless doing any changes..

2. You don't have to be hooked up to the bike to get the update.

3. From what I can tell you won't be able to make any changes with the down rev software as to check for the latest rev. It wants to be connected to the net to see it what the latest rev is.

4. You don't need to retune but need to copy the modified tables from you current tune to the map that come with the new software.

5. It my guess that they likely made changes to the map that you can't see in the user street tuner software..

Old 02-23-2018, 03:39 PM
dB Zac
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hijack this thread a bit. I had the stage two torque cam installed and I am using the FP3 tuner. That being said, I am having a hell of a time figuring out what the new rev limit should be set to (or is ok to set it to). Any incite would be appreciated.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dB Zac
sorry to hijack this thread a bit. I had the stage two torque cam installed and I am using the FP3 tuner. That being said, I am having a hell of a time figuring out what the new rev limit should be set to (or is ok to set it to). Any incite would be appreciated.
It looks like harley's dyno charts show the runs going up to 6250.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:02 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Ya I updated mine yesterday and ran an auto tune, just got back from a quick ride, it does seem to run a bit better, I do need a few more auto tunes as there were a lot of holes in the downloaded data

Old 07-10-2021, 10:59 AM
eanspratt
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 19' m8 114 with a stage 2 kit and a SE tuner. The dealer installed the stage 2 kit and tuned the bike and it ran great for about 500 miles then started to run poorly, loss of power, vibration, sounds muffeled, etc. My question is this, is it possible the bike lost the tune? Should I try to flash the bike? Would that likely help? My dealer is 3 hrs away so looking to fix it meself. TIA

Quick Reply: New Screaming Eagle Pro Street Tuner software