Sponsored by:

2018 RGU exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:03 PM
longhorn2021
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 RGU exhaust upgrade

I am waiting to get a new Road Glide ultra to come in.
Question for anyone with experience, cause I don't have any, this is what I am going to have put on before taking delivery of new bike.

Rinehart Slimline Duals Motor 45 4.5" mufflers
HD Heavy Air Breather
Vance and Hines Fuel Pak FP3 (Harley Dealer stated HD hasn't made a fuel Pak for M8 Yet)
Heated Grips
Drivers Back rest

Question is more about the exhaust upgrade. I have seen a few topics on warranty but ill ask about that when the bike comes in. More concerned that I am on the right course for the new bike and any recommendations aside from above.

I thought about a different air breather, Arlen Ness Big Sucker

Thanks

Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

The parts arent the problem, the Fuelpak is. Need the Harley street tuner, or no warranty.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

sounds awesome, congrats! about the only thing I can come up with is if you do a lot of Touring, ride in the rain, or park overnight when it rains..you'll want to be using the rain sock with the Heavy Breather..the SE HI Flow that utilizes the OEM cover is half the cost, will breathe plenty enough and offer better weather protection and won't have to fuss with a rain sock..just something to consider if you by chance hadn't..I've never been a fan of open air cleaners on Touring bikes myself but lots of folks like them. good luck, have fun and enjoy your great new bike!

Last edited by mjwebb; 09-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
longhorn2021 (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 08:40 PM
longhorn2021
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Keithhu
The parts arent the problem, the Fuelpak is. Need the Harley street tuner, or no warranty.
I asked the same question (not about warranty) but Harley stated the HD tuner is not mapped properly for the M8 yet. Ill have to ask again this week when i get a chance to get up there.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by longhorn2021
I asked the same question (not about warranty) but Harley stated the HD tuner is not mapped properly for the M8 yet. Ill have to ask again this week when i get a chance to get up there.
If your dealer said the HD tuner isn't ready for the M8 look for another dealer. It's been in use since the first M8 bikes hit the showroom floor.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:47 AM
rmzebo
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FP3 is awesome !! It is simple to use and works as stated. I have used
power vision, thundermax, fuel pack, Harley race tuner, power commander and the FP3 hands down is the best I have used. This is the second bike I have used it on and will use it on everyone of my Harleys from here on out. Enjoy the new bike

Old 09-06-2017, 11:36 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I haven't heard the Slim-lines yet - I think that includes the headpipe and slip-ons. But I'm sure you'll like them.

I went with the Rinehart Racing MotoPro 45 4.5" Slip-On Mufflers Chrome with Black End Cap and absolutely love them. I also added a Fuel Moto catless head-pipe.

Congrats, and enjoy the new scoot!

The following users liked this post:
JohnH (11-21-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I'd check again on the parts comment. Seems a few people around are reporting warranties being voided for non HD branded parts.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Yep, fp3 is a no no. Great tuner but your warranty will be gone

Old 09-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Carl_S
Advanced

Any modification to the drivetrain or what is directly connected to the drivetrain that is not HD or SE will 100% void your drivetrain warranty. This included aftermarket head pipes, slips ons, air cleaners, and especially any 3rd party mapping. The dealer must register each part they install on your new bike into their system (which is updated every 24 hours). This system is accessible by EVERY HD dealer. Any parts that your HD service rep sees that wasn't added into the system, will also get "tagged". Once your bike is "Seen" visually or electronically as having aftermarket parts in or connected to the drivetrain, your VIN will be flagged, and your drivetrain warranty will be void. 100% valid. Do your own research and you will see that although this has been the case for years, the latest EPA lawsuit (that HD lost) has severely tightened the noose on all of the dealers. That is because the EPA was going to investigate EVERY dealer to see what non-EPA compliant parts they install and they were going to be fined for EACH ONE. HD worked out an arrangement that prior to 2017 (which is 2016 and earlier) the manufacturer would be responsible for warranty issues. 2017 and later the burden of EPA compliance now falls on each individual dealer. So prior to 2017 your dealer would let it slide because the manufacturer would cover the warranty. 2017 and beyond it all falls on the dealer. So add what you want, and even if they add it for you, anything aftermarket added to the drivetrain or directly connected to the drivetrain instantly voids your drivetrain warranty. And yes this also includes slip-ons. SAD BUT TRUE

Quick Reply: 2018 RGU exhaust upgrade