Sponsored by:

What slipons for 2018 RGS and no tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 01:51 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,834 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If they are too quiet did you try removing the tunable inserts from the Street Outlaw mufflers? There are three screws in the back of each muffler, the inserts can be removed/installed in less than a minute.
I wasn’t aware they could be removed, but I’ll remove them and see how they sound. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Well, I should have the Zombie baffles tomorrow - we'll see how they sound. I'm still thinking I want to try those Magnaflow Hitman mufflers,
Zombie and Hitman are two TOTALLY different animals, I've had both, it all depends on what tone/volume you're after.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 415 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Zombie and Hitman are two TOTALLY different animals, I've had both, it all depends on what tone/volume you're after.
Yeah, zombies were too raspy for me.
Currently running S&S MK45, they have a deeper tone, not sure if they are as deep as Hitman.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:11 AM
tabperformance
Former Sponsor
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

What is the point of wrapping, if it's just a straight through pipe?
Hello,

I read through and realize you have switched to a different set due to the sound not being the right fit for you which I can appreciate, everyone has their own preference when it comes to sound. Just answering this for the rest of the forum that may also question the wrapping on the zombie baffle. The wrapping really is just to take up the empty space and help with tone. If we left it an empty hollow space between the case and the baffle the sound would be much different and not as pleasing in our opinion, so you are correct from a function standpoint the wrapping doensn't provide much value however it does make an impact on the sound of the mufflers. Thank you for giving them a try.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah, zombies were too raspy for me.
Currently running S&S MK45, they have a deeper tone, not sure if they are as deep as Hitman.
I've had the mk45's as well, on the gas the mk is a tad louder(with db reducer removed)over the hitman but hitman idle sounds much better. The hitman is a good bit deeper over the mk. Hitmans are the deepest tone of the many sets I've used and heard on the M8, stage 1 anyway.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

I've had the mk45's as well, on the gas the mk is a tad louder(with db reducer removed)over the hitman but hitman idle sounds much better. The hitman is a good bit deeper over the mk. Hitmans are the deepest tone of the many sets I've used and heard on the M8, stage 1 anyway.
I have an addiction to buying/selling slipons.

Maybe next year I'll try the Hitmans. For now, the S&S MK45s are good.

Have you heard or had the Bassani DNTs? I think they are pretty deep, just not as loud as the MK45s.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

I have an addiction to buying/selling slipons.

Maybe next year I'll try the Hitmans. For now, the S&S MK45s are good.

Have you heard or had the Bassani DNTs? I think they are pretty deep, just not as loud as the MK45s.
Have not heard them in person, just videos, yeah they sound deep but a little quite. I have ran street cannons, RCX 4.5, Rush Bug Louie, MK45, Tab zombie, and Hitmans. I'm the same as you, I tend to get bored easy with exhaust and like to try something new.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Have not heard them in person, just videos, yeah they sound deep but a little quite. I have ran street cannons, RCX 4.5, Rush Bug Louie, MK45, Tab zombie, and Hitmans. I'm the same as you, I tend to get bored easy with exhaust and like to try something new.
If you get bored of the Hitmans (and if they're black) let me know, I may take them off your hands.

Last edited by Road Star; 09-26-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:51 PM
wrestlerone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering how many of you just did slipon mufflers and your bike runs hotter and has a smell? does the smell stop?

Old 10-06-2018, 03:01 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Are you still running the hitman's and if so are you still happy with them? I currently have the Fullsac MX headpipe with the 2" Fullsac baffles in my OEM mufflers. Sounds good but not as deep as I would like. I was leaning towards the hitmans but have yet to hear them in person nor are there many reviews on them. A ton of reviews on the MK45's' and I was kind of leaning towards those but I'm thinking I would be happier with the Magnaflow Hitmans.

Quick Reply: What slipons for 2018 RGS and no tuner?