Sponsored by:

Fueling oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Doshounds
My Stage 4 Road Glide hasn't used any oil in first 500 miles. I am hoping I got a "good" set of cylinders. Lol. I plan to do a big bore kit on my Road King. Waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with. Dragos is doing some wicked things with the M8.
Hell yeah! It’s a wicked motor. Just some first year problems, but we knew that going in.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Doshounds
Tourer
Received 161 Likes on 95 Posts

I can see this causing a problem with rings seating properly. Porosity in the casting causing rusting of cylinder bore. This can definitely cause sumping and a redesigned oil pump won't fix that. Thanks Dragos for pointing this out.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master

Yuck.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

My bike had the cylinders over bored from the factory with almost no visible hone marks. In braces the front jug was .006" over and the rear .007". The rings were still seated when it was taken down. No excessive blow by on my 107. But the piston slap was massive.

Couple that with good pressure from the oil pump but what appeared to be low volume. The bike has been a can of worms. The pressure is always good. And I've done a massive amount of testing to prove that. But it's like the volume of oil pumped is very inconsistent. This can be heard in the valve train. Good oil flow and the rocker to valve stem interface is very quiet. Then volume drops and the rattles and harmonics come roaring in. Then back to quiet. The whole time the pump is showing good psi in the 30 to 34 psi range on a fully warmed up engine. And at idle it's 12 to 14 psi. The bypass opens at 45 psi like clock work and maintains 32 to 36 psi while open.

Come on new oil pump.... I need you.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Kyle Moore
Road Master

If the oil is getting foamy I could see that, have you ever done a leak down test? If you can’t see any cross hatching on the cylinder walls I wouldn’t expect your motor to go long before it starts having excessive blow by.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Doshounds
Tourer
Received 161 Likes on 95 Posts

Man after looking at the Fueling pump and cam plate I want them now. I don’t need them but damn they are cool! Lol.

The following users liked this post:
Kyle Moore (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 03:27 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore
I am also interested in doing a Fuel Moto 117 kit with the wm8777 cam. It has a big fat power band and is a prettt cost effective build. The 465 makes the torque of a bigger motor but lacks on horsepower.

Haha damnit now I really want that big bore kit.
Sorry I don’t see it. An M8 107 with a Cycle Rama 460 (ac and exhaust) will make torque in the 115 - 120+ range. The Wood charts on the 117 aren’t that much better. I think I would wait a while. When the aftermarket figures this motor out you’ll see way better performance than that. The M8 has potential. A TwinCam 117 will make in the 130’s on both sides.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:16 PM
PebblesR2
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I am interested in the Feuling Camplate and Pumps. Looking to do a cam and big bore on my M8. I like the looks of the Fuel Moto kits. But while I am in there ... anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

Does anyone have experience with these pieces?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:35 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by PebblesR2
I am interested in the Feuling Camplate and Pumps. Looking to do a cam and big bore on my M8. I like the looks of the Fuel Moto kits. But while I am in there ... anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

Does anyone have experience with these pieces?
Feuling made it's name with me with parts to upgrade OEM HD oil pumps. For many years the HD pumps made plenty of oil flow but lacked in pressure. Something as simple as a spring for the bypass valve made all the difference.

Once I started buying oil pumps and installing them in my friends Shovels, Evo's and twin cams it became clear very fast that HD pumps were mass produced junk and tolerances all over the place. Not to mention they cost more at your local dealer. A basic S&S or Feuling pump was always a better option then even a HD screaming turkey oil pump. The S&S pumps were pretty much the standard. But the Fueling pumps had a much better finished look. There machine work was down right handsome. And this coming from a guy that was raised in tool and die shops.

I laid out on my bench once a HD screaming turkey pump, S&S and Feuling. All for a 103 twinky. The HD pump was like a over priced colt .357 revolver. The S&S was like a proper Large frame Smith & Wesson .357 from the late 1930's. The Feuling pump was like a Fine Korth .357. With the later two costing less that the idiot HD part...

Old 11-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,253 Likes on 3,627 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Feuling made it's name with me with parts to upgrade OEM HD oil pumps. For many years the HD pumps made plenty of oil flow but lacked in pressure. Something as simple as a spring for the bypass valve made all the difference.

Once I started buying oil pumps and installing them in my friends Shovels, Evo's and twin cams it became clear very fast that HD pumps were mass produced junk and tolerances all over the place. Not to mention they cost more at your local dealer. A basic S&S or Feuling pump was always a better option then even a HD screaming turkey oil pump. The S&S pumps were pretty much the standard. But the Fueling pumps had a much better finished look. There machine work was down right handsome. And this coming from a guy that was raised in tool and die shops.

I laid out on my bench once a HD screaming turkey pump, S&S and Feuling. All for a 103 twinky. The HD pump was like a over priced colt .357 revolver. The S&S was like a proper Large frame Smith & Wesson .357 from the late 1930's. The Feuling pump was like a Fine Korth .357. With the later two costing less that the idiot HD part...
Fueling don't make pumps for shovels and EVOs..

Quick Reply: Fueling oil pump