Sponsored by:

Black Tempest Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 02:45 AM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by arnie54
I saw a tempest black triglide at the dealer & really liked the color. I was wondering how much that flake would help hide the dust & swirls. Had it not been winter here I'd had them pull it outside. If you get the tempest black post up your opinion on the dust factor. Thanks
My new bike is Black Quartz. My previous one was Vivid Black. I'm not certain what the Black Tempest color is but my assumption is that it is similar to the Black Quartz, both being metallic black of some nature.

The Black Quartz is infinitely better at hiding dust and swirls and therefore much easier to clean and keep clean. That's the plus.

But on the minus side I find that even when the Black Quartz is perfectly clean and detailed it looks a little like a dirty black bike to me and will never look as nice as a well-maintained and freshly detailed Vivid Black bike.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:45 AM
arnie54
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 2black1s
My new bike is Black Quartz. My previous one was Vivid Black. I'm not certain what the Black Tempest color is but my assumption is that it is similar to the Black Quartz, both being metallic black of some nature.

The Black Quartz is infinitely better at hiding dust and swirls and therefore much easier to clean and keep clean. That's the plus.

But on the minus side I find that even when the Black Quartz is perfectly clean and detailed it looks a little like a dirty black bike to me and will never look as nice as a well-maintained and freshly detailed Vivid Black bike.
Thanks for your input. For me nothing looks better then black & chrome. I have a billet silver now & it's easy to keep it looking clean. But the chrome just doesn't pop like it does with a darker color. Once spring gets here I'll have to do some looking around to see what tempest black looks like on a bike that's ridden.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:36 PM
WAYJO
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree with 2black1s, my RGU is also black quartz. I was just at dealer a couple days ago looking at a black tempest Fat Boy. Not sure why the MoCo even called this a different color. They are very similar. I obviously like the color since I bought it and it shows my chrome accessories well.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by WAYJO
I agree with 2black1s, my RGU is also black quartz. I was just at dealer a couple days ago looking at a black tempest Fat Boy. Not sure why the MoCo even called this a different color. They are very similar. I obviously like the color since I bought it and it shows my chrome accessories well.
The black tempest looks much blacker than the black quartz. My buddy has black quartz and I have black tempest. We park next to each other every Sat and Sun morning, sunshine or cloudy. We both agree. At least I think we both agree. Black tempest looks blacker than black quartz. But what's in a name anyway?

Last edited by ramblin5; 01-05-2018 at 08:00 PM.