Sponsored by:

S&S 50 state compliant full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Default S&S 50 state compliant full exhaust

Just looking around at options that will not void the HD warranty. There is also a sound clip on the S&S website and they sound decent.
Anyone have these yet? Any reviews?

Old 01-18-2018, 06:46 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a set on order for my CVO Road Glide, will let you know once I get them installed and tuned. I went with them after calling Harley customer service agent. She was clear to say they would be fine as long as they are EPA compliant. She also said before they could void anyone’s warranty that they would need to prove the pipes caused the damage. My decision on this bike was to stay compliant. I like the fact that the sound baffle is removable as well as they are ceramic coated which is much better than the harley finish. I am looking forward to seeing how they sound and perform.

The following 3 users liked this post by harleytacticalnut:
chadbob (07-16-2021), mjwebb (01-19-2018), Mofo67 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts

Thanks, I look forward to hearing how you like them.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:23 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I wonder how the S&S system compares to the Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers. Price seems to be about the same.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser

After my last fiasco with my 17 FLHXSE and stage 4 sumping. I decided to not buy any S.E parts unless I have to. That’s why I called and confirmed with Harley about compliance. Looking forward to hearing themand will take picture and let you know.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:38 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Ah... Looking forward to seeing them on your bike and hearing them!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:39 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Mofo67
Just looking around at options that will not void the HD warranty. There is also a sound clip on the S&S website and they sound decent.
Anyone have these yet? Any reviews?

Do you know for sure it won't void the HD warranty? The consent decree doesn't say they have to honor compliant parts, just that they have to deny claims witg non compliant parts. HD's warranty states that non HD approved parts can void the warranty. So if they don't "approve" this exhaust.......

Old 01-18-2018, 07:49 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Do you know for sure it won't void the HD warranty? The consent decree doesn't say they have to honor compliant parts, just that they have to deny claims witg non compliant parts. HD's warranty states that non HD approved parts can void the warranty. So if they don't "approve" this exhaust.......
With a CARB number they'd have to prove that somehow the part caused the failure. They can't just say that it's not a Harley part so tough luck.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:25 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Yes I actually called and spoke to a supervisor and got her name. As long as it is a CARB, EPA compliant with certificate they cannot and will not void the warranty. She also went as far to say it applies to the entire bike as I explained to her all of the hear say between the dealers, consumers and the mothership about the warranties being voided. She told me that any and all aftermarket parts will have to be proven to cause the failure before anything will be voided period. She Stood behind her statement after me cross examining her at several different angles that all led me back to her original statement. Now that doesn’t mean that they won’t be examining every major aspect that they could blame you for to lay the blame on you. They are very slick smooth talking weasels. But they do have boundaries that they need to follow as well or they will not sell many bikes in the future at a time that sales have plummeted and no bright future in sight. So the mothership will need to walk a very thin line the next few years with the warranty issues so unclear, something could very well sink the vessel.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Kay9Cop
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When you tune the bike after the exhaust swap you have to use an EPA compliant tuner, which the SEPST is the only one. The catch is the SEPST doesn't have a tune for the S&S exhaust, so they will claim you didn't properly tune the bike. Bam! Warranty voided.

Quick Reply: S&S 50 state compliant full exhaust