Sponsored by:

2018 M8----Sumping? Failures?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,334 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
You did cheat HD you changed the head pipe and changed it back. regardless if it caused a problem or not BTW WHO DOES THAT JUST TO TRY IT
It's much worse than that, he did the cardinal sin of warranty voiding, he got an aftermarket tune, and bragged about how great the bike ran with his PowerVision tune and headpipe, and posted dyno charts and showed the world. Right there, his warranty was voided, by the court order, just for having used the tuner. His dealer must have told him so, because he removed the head pipe, AND THEN BOUGHT A NEW ECM, a new engine computer, to hide/conceal/destroy evidence so that Harley would not know what he had done. Then he ran all across the internet deleting posts, deleting pictures, deleting/destroying any evidence that would show exactly what he had done. In my opinion that's dishonest as hell.. And then he gladly accepts three replacement engines, tens of thousands of dollars of warranty work he was not entitled to under the law or the terms of his warranty, and then bashes and rags on Harley endlessly, and once they solve the problem to anyone's satisfaction, he ditches the bike so he can continue to rag on them. And then brags about how rich he is, after cheating the company he's ragging on out of tens of thousands of dollars.

You cannot reason with him. You cannot explain to him. The only thing you can do is put him on ignore. I hesitated to do so, because his doomsday proclamations need to be countered, but -- now, looking at all these quoted replies and how heated you folk are getting, it looks like he's just embraced straight-up trolling. The only way to defeat a troll is to starve it of the attention it so desperately craves.

Last edited by FatBob2018; 01-31-2019 at 10:30 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by FatBob2018:
bradsULtd (01-31-2019), JohnTz (01-31-2019), mjwebb (01-31-2019), MTBIG G (01-31-2019), Oz Dan (01-31-2019), tbob (01-31-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,515 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Sumping is real and it's not what should be happening. If you look back I was one of the first to post about it, if not the first. I've spend many hours working to help resolve the issue and have posted our test results. We do not make or sell anything to fix it nor will we but Heatwave wants to try and deflect the truth by his comments. Just the same I was one of the first to post about the new way HD was handling warranty claims, post EPA fine. Heatwave was well informed prior to him modifying his bike with FM aftermarket parts that he knew would void the warranty, he made his own decision to not follow the rules and knew the risk involved. All anyone needs to do is look back at old posts as I do not run around removing my post. Heatwave has shown his credibility or lack there of, its all on internet for everyone to see. You all get to make up your own minds on what you chose to believe, as we are all supposed to be grownups and take responsibility for our actions. Some do, others try and pass the buck. Some get caught, others get lucky and pull the wool over people eyes.

Is there a problem with the M8 engine, sure is. Should HD fix it for anyone who has these issues, they sure should. Does it effect all M8 engines, NO. It is a random issue that seems to occur if your in the right conditions, regardless of engine displacement or model of bike, as ALL M8 engines in ALL model years to date have done it. The same goes for Transmission fluid transfer issue.. Now HD is hiding behind the EPA to try and get out of handling these know issues if you modify your bike and saying that you caused it, when nothing could be further from the truth. Kind of the same as Heatwave trying to hide behind his mistakes and blaming others for them.

The following 5 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
bradsULtd (01-31-2019), FatBob2018 (01-31-2019), mjwebb (01-31-2019), MTBIG G (01-31-2019), tbob (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
You did cheat HD you changed the head pipe and changed it back. regardless if it caused a problem or not BTW WHO DOES THAT JUST TO TRY IT
Simply disagree. The bike was fully warranty compliant at the time the claim was made. That's my view. That's my dealer's view. And that's HD's view. And those are the only views that matter with respect to the warranty claims honored on my bike.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:32 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,859 Likes on 4,574 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I recall you saying your bike didn't transfer trans oil if you road it under 3500 RPM's and would do so until HD got the problem figured out.
nah, when I started the trans fluid low thread in spring of 2017 Steve Cole suggested trying to keep the rpms around 3500, so I did and it stabilized..that was a testing/validation period for me after which I returned to riding it normal, which was beating on it after my dyno tuned Stage 1 and about the time I noticed the low trans fluid level, and since then have determined that minor transfer occurs periodically and has been completely manageable all this time..lot of mis-statements, mis-interpreting, mis-perception and misunderstanding I've constantly tried to explain and elaborate on...lost in translation but don't matter..bike is great, got over 30,000 miles of pure fun, excitement, enjoyment, trips with friends all over..life is good and I have no complaints

Old 01-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
I tried that with him. I explained in careful detail how what he did was fraud, and he just reframes things to be in his favor no matter what. In my opinion what he did was dishonest as hell, he destroyed evidence that would have let Harley uncover the truth, and he then conned Harley into replacing three engines (and the thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars that it cost them). But no matter how thoroughly, carefully, and fact-based you explain it, Heatwave will always spin and twist it into where he's "the good guy" who "did everything right". He's seriously a Hillary Clinton type. You cannot ever get through to him, you can catch him red-handed in a bald-faced lie and he'll twist and squirm like a greased snake to make it look like he was saying the opposite all the time. And then he will call you every name in the book, a liar, a hater, a fanboy, any type of personal ad hominem attack he can think of.

Eventually I did the only sane thing I could do -- I put him on my ignore list. I encourage all of you to do the same. It's obvious at this point that he's actually thoroughly enjoying the textbook definition of trolling, and rule 1 of the internet is "don't feed the troll".

And Steve Cole? For trying to set the record straight and calling spades actual spades, I've made up my mind that I'm going with the TTS100 cam.
I never spun anything. I've shared what happened. If you have a problem with that... get over it... and more importantly get back on the topic of sumping.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:37 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Simply disagree. The bike was fully warranty compliant at the time the claim was made. That's my view. That's my dealer's view. And that's HD's view. And those are the only views that matter with respect to the warranty claims honored on my bike.
Of course it was, and you and likely your dealer both knew it HADN'T been fully compliant it's whole life, yet you made sure HD would never find out.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:38 AM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Within the law? You clearly don't put much stock in the law, removing a catalytic converter from a road going motorcycle that was manufactured and certified with one.
You fulfilled your warranty obligations by NOT removing or tampering with emission control devises? Please.
Oh Please...give me a break. 99% of the guys posting on this thread have owned a bike and swapped at their exhaust for an aftermarket pipe without a cat. Whole industries are built around changing out the exhaust, coring out the cat, swapping out the headpipe on a Harley. Garages and basements are filled with brand new stock Harley exhaust pipes. And no one declared to their dealer they were not compliant therefore they were OK with their drivetrain warranty being voiding.

Now that my friend was a post full of sanctimonious BS.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:40 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

AT THE TIME THE CLAIM WAS MADE.. your a low life scum bag.
I can afford a 45k cvo because I **** everyone out of money

glad I raised my kid right she would never do what you did

Last edited by DRBUICK; 01-31-2019 at 10:44 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by DRBUICK:
FatBob2018 (01-31-2019), Fullbore55 (01-31-2019), MTBIG G (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 10:41 AM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
It's much worse than that, he did the cardinal sin of warranty voiding, he got an aftermarket tune, and bragged about how great the bike ran with his PowerVision tune and headpipe, and posted dyno charts and showed the world. Right there, his warranty was voided, by the court order, just for having used the tuner. His dealer must have told him so, because he removed the head pipe, AND THEN BOUGHT A NEW ECM, a new engine computer, to hide/conceal/destroy evidence so that Harley would not know what he had done. Then he ran all across the internet deleting posts, deleting pictures, deleting/destroying any evidence that would show exactly what he had done. In my opinion that's dishonest as hell.. And then he gladly accepts three replacement engines, tens of thousands of dollars of warranty work he was not entitled to under the law or the terms of his warranty, and then bashes and rags on Harley endlessly, and once they solve the problem to anyone's satisfaction, he ditches the bike so he can continue to rag on them. And then brags about how rich he is, after cheating the company he's ragging on out of tens of thousands of dollars.

You cannot reason with him. You cannot explain to him. The only thing you can do is put him on ignore. I hesitated to do so, because his doomsday proclamations need to be countered, but -- now, looking at all these quoted replies and how heated you folk are getting, it looks like he's just embraced straight-up trolling. The only way to defeat a troll is to starve it of the attention it so desperately craves.
Yeah, so droning on with personal attacks is your way of ignoring me? FatChance Fatbob. Time to stop playing peek-a-boo with yourself and getting back to the topic of sumping.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:41 AM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,644 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Amazing. No doubt a politician at heart.

Quick Reply: 2018 M8----Sumping? Failures?